Can you give a dog tylenol or aspirin for pain?

My 90lb American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=dd502cca634dc9875f210a616ff51b2e1c0843da">Bulldog</a>'s left front paw is a bit swollen and he is limping really bad. It doesn't look broken or fractured, but may be sprained. I am putting ice on it periodically and am going to take him to the vet on Monday if it doesn't get better.…

Can you give a dog tylenol or aspirin for pain?

My 90lb American <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=dd502cca634dc9875f210a616ff51b2e1c0843da">Bulldog</a>'s left front paw is a bit swollen and he is limping really bad. It doesn't look broken or fractured, but may be sprained. I am putting ice on it periodically and am going to take him to the vet on Monday if it doesn't get better.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can you give a dog tylenol or aspirin for pain?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would definitely bring him to the vet, you want to make sure nothing is broken. But in the mean time you can give him aspirin but it has to be Buffered Aspirin, the Buffered part is buffers that will protect the stomach. I would also give him bread so that there is something in his stomach to help protect. I has told this by a vet. I hope he is OK

• DO NOT give him any Aspirin or Tylenol. Tylenol is especially bad for dogs and can kill them. Aspirin is safe in certain doses, but never trust a human dosage. Before giving any medication to your dog, you need to consult a vet. Check your phone book, there should be an emergency vet clinic available or a vet with an after-hours emergency number. If nothing else, you can call them and ask them how much aspirin is safe to give. But keep in mind, the vet won't want him all drugged up when he does the exam (makes it hard to judge just how and where the pain is affecting him), so it's really better to get him seen now and let the vet do the medicating.

• Baby aspirin is fine. Vets give it all the time. At that poundage I would use one or two baby aspirins if it were my dog. Acetaminophen or tylenol is a horribly dangerous drug to both humans and dog's livers. Just don't use it. Ibuprofen is not toxic. It is hard on the kidneys in the longterm use. That is why they prescribe carprofen to dogs instead of ibuprofen. Too much use of ibuprofen can cause crystals in the kidneys. I don't know where some of these people come up with their answers.I would also start the dog on glucosamine right now if he were mine.

• No, never. Tylenol can be very toxic to dogs!! You can give aspirin.Here's a site to give you the correct dosage http://animalsunlimited.net/meds.htmHope your boy is feeling much better real soon!!!

• You can safely give him aspirin, but use the buffered kind because they are coated, theres less of a chance of it bothering his stomach. Never Tylenol, its poison to dogs. My vet had my elderly arthritic, but other wise healthy Dobie 1 aspirin a day.