Proper Health Care for a one year old Malipoo?

I recently adopted a one year old male malitpoo. He has had his shots. Was dewormed and was treated for both a sprained ankle and a ear infection. He has only been to the vet twice in the past year. I have made an appointment for next week and am…

I recently adopted a one year old male malitpoo. He has had his shots. Was dewormed and was treated for both a sprained ankle and a ear infection. He has only been to the vet twice in the past year. I have made an appointment for next week and am…...
    General Dog Discussions : Proper Health Care for a one year old Malipoo?...

• Proper Health Care for a one year old Malipoo?

Proper Health Care for a one year old Malipoo? General Dog Discussions
      I recently adopted a one year old male malitpoo. He has had his shots. Was dewormed and was treated for both a sprained ankle and a ear infection. He has only been to the vet twice in the past year. I have made an appointment for next week and am wondering what to expect. What else doea he need done? What is the estimated cost of a vet visit? Heartworm Medication? Is there anything "extra" that your vet does that isn't nessisary? These may be strange questions but I have never owned a dog before.Thanks!

Proper Health Care for a one year old Malipoo? General Dog Discussions
    • I would make sure the Vet does a full check, that means blood work, joint, eye, etc. For Heart worm, it depends on how much your guy weighs, and if he just needs the once a month pill, or a full blown treatment.I would make sure to get his teeth cleaned, because small dogs are prone to losing their teeth, and pick up a tooth brush and dog tooth paste to clean his teeth at least twice a week.A dog ear cleaner would be a good idea also.