How to care for a female dashound when she is pregnant and sick?

We have a wired haired dashchound and this is her 2nd pregnancy,I was with her and she did GREAT! SHE had 1 puppy. We kept our male dashound away,cause she was a bit grumpy.She was a good mommy. But this time she has been sick and having…

We have a wired haired dashchound and this is her 2nd pregnancy,I was with her and she did GREAT! SHE had 1 puppy. We kept our male dashound away,cause she was a bit grumpy.She was a good mommy. But this time she has been sick and having…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to care for a female dashound when she is pregnant and sick?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to care for a female dashound when she is pregnant and sick?

How to care for a female dashound when she is pregnant and sick? General Dog Discussions
      We have a wired haired dashchound and this is her 2nd pregnancy,I was with her and she did GREAT! SHE had 1 puppy. We kept our male dashound away,cause she was a bit grumpy.She was a good mommy. But this time she has been sick and having accidents,which we do not yell at her,she cant help it. The vet said this is normal,and to just keep up the good work of taking care of her. But she cries as if something is hurting her. ok ok I know my questions are sounding sorta dumb,but our dogs,well they are just like kids to us :) is it possible for her to have morning sickness and this is why she acts this way? Oh and to see a birth and be with her was AMAZING!! My husband and I have 2 kids together and was gonna have 1 more,but I ended up having cancer and had to have a hysterectomy and the age of 25. So I when she had her puppy...WOW!! I CRIED. The puppy is doing great,she has a home with our aunt and uncle.

How to care for a female dashound when she is pregnant and sick? General Dog Discussions
    • I would take her to the vet again and have them to an exam. If she is acting like she is sick or in pain, then she is. And after she has this litter, PLEASE get her spayed. Leaving her intact increases her OWN chances for reproductive cancer and as a survivor, I know you don't want to put her through that.