What can I do to train my dog to play with other dogs?

Dogs sometimes have self esteem problem and the best way to fix this is to give them the attention they need to boost their confidence and trust. You can spend time with them either through training or teaching it a new trick.I recommend that you watch…

Dogs sometimes have self esteem problem and the best way to fix this is to give them the attention they need to boost their confidence and trust. You can spend time with them either through training or teaching it a new trick.I recommend that you watch…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can I do to train my dog to play with other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can I do to train my dog to play with other dogs?

What can I do to train my dog to play with other dogs? General Dog Discussions
      Dogs sometimes have self esteem problem and the best way to fix this is to give them the attention they need to boost their confidence and trust. You can spend time with them either through training or teaching it a new trick.I recommend that you watch my 5 minute dog training video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWF60d4HKyA which addresses the common problem of pet owners when introducing their older pet dog to other dogsThe training is very easy and doesnt take too long as dogs are very fast learners plus being trained by their owners themselves builds their confidence as well as trust making them more enthusiastic about the training.

What can I do to train my dog to play with other dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Instructions 1. 1 Arrange a meeting between your Chihuahua and a family member's or friend's dog. The dog that your Chihuahua will be meeting should already be socialized and have a good track record for getting along with all types of dogs. Make sure that your Chihuahua isn't hungry or in need of relieving himself before the meeting. Also, don't excite your Chihuahua beforehand with play or exercise. 2. 2 Place a leash on your Chihuahua before he sees the other dog. Introduce the dogs and let them smell and explore each other. 3. 3 Pull back on your Chihuahua's leash at the first sign of aggression and command them "no." Keep the leash taut so that they can't run around or jump. If your dog continues to be aggressive, command them to "sit." If the aggression doesn't stop, take several steps back from the other dog or bring your Chihuahua into a separate room. Try to let the dogs meet each other again once your Chihuahua has calmed down. 4. 4 Reward both dogs when they are able to be around each other without acting aggressively. Even if the other dog is always well-behaved, be sure to offer both the other dog and your Chihuahua treats so that you don't breed resentment.

• it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks.you need to find a friend or someone witha same size older dog for yours to be around.A puppy will be to hyper and a bigger dog thanyours may scare it. When/if you do find a doggybuddy introduce them and then ignore them if possibleWatch, but don't make eye contact with your doglet her go at his/her own pace with the new dog