how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain?

We took our 65 pound lab/chow mix for a walk today and all of a sudden he wouldn't put weight on his front paw. We knew it was kinda red but that is all we can think of it being since there was no blood or no evidence something was stuck in there. He…

how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain?

We took our 65 pound lab/chow mix for a walk today and all of a sudden he wouldn't put weight on his front paw. We knew it was kinda red but that is all we can think of it being since there was no blood or no evidence something was stuck in there. He…...
    General Dog Discussions : how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain?...

• how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain?

how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain? General Dog Discussions
      We took our 65 pound lab/chow mix for a walk today and all of a sudden he wouldn't put weight on his front paw. We knew it was kinda red but that is all we can think of it being since there was no blood or no evidence something was stuck in there. He is in pain now and I want him to at least be comfortable.

how do you treat a raw paw on a dog? Is there anything to give them when they are in pain? General Dog Discussions
    • Since you have no idea what is wrong with your pooch, it's best to take him to the vet for a proper diagnosis. It could be something embedded in between the pads, a small stone or pebble. My dog had that once, it was so small. He could also have gotten bit by an insect or something else. It could be a tiny sliver of wood. It could be an allergic reaction to some thing. Get him checked out.

• i cant tell you what it could be because im not a vet. and i wouldnt feel comfortable giving any people med to a dog for pain.the best thing you can do is clean it well with antibacterial soap and water, and put some neosporine on it that has the pain releif stuff in it too. (it IS safe for dogs), if you feel comfortable doing that for a couple days to see if it heals any then give it some time. or you can take him to the vet to get it looked at when possible.