14 year old dog with pain in stomach?

My dog is 14 years old and he is a mini dachshund and for the past couple of days he bites and yelps at us when we try to pick him up. We think his stomach is hurting him or something because he never bites. He has been sleeping a lot more than usual,…

My dog is 14 years old and he is a mini dachshund and for the past couple of days he bites and yelps at us when we try to pick him up. We think his stomach is hurting him or something because he never bites. He has been sleeping a lot more than usual,…...
    General Dog Discussions : 14 year old dog with pain in stomach?...

• 14 year old dog with pain in stomach?

14 year old dog with pain in stomach? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 14 years old and he is a mini dachshund and for the past couple of days he bites and yelps at us when we try to pick him up. We think his stomach is hurting him or something because he never bites. He has been sleeping a lot more than usual, eating and drinking more, and he has been pacing back and forth from room to room a lot. He will also start walking and then all of a sudden stop, and just look at the wall. What can be wrong? We don't want to take him to the vet, because we are afraid.

14 year old dog with pain in stomach? General Dog Discussions
    • Yeah, I know! Vets are scary! Especially when they tell you whats wrong with your dog!!?? What are you talking about? You don't want to take him to the vet because you are afraid? By not finding out what is wrong with your dog, it's not going to make the problem go away. Your dog will just suffer until he drops dead on the floor. Isn't that a scarier thought than going to the vet to find out how to fix the problem? Just suck and up and be brave, and take the poor dog to a vet. (And please don't ever become a parent, for Gods sake!)