How do I care for my dog after being fixed?

I have a male pekingese and he keeps peeing on everything. I'm going to try and get him fixed at C snip to try and solve the problem. After his surgery they don't plan to give me any pain medication for him. I've never had a dog fixed before so I don't…

I have a male pekingese and he keeps peeing on everything. I'm going to try and get him fixed at C snip to try and solve the problem. After his surgery they don't plan to give me any pain medication for him. I've never had a dog fixed before so I don't…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I care for my dog after being fixed?...

• How do I care for my dog after being fixed?

How do I care for my dog after being fixed? General Dog Discussions
      I have a male pekingese and he keeps peeing on everything. I'm going to try and get him fixed at C snip to try and solve the problem. After his surgery they don't plan to give me any pain medication for him. I've never had a dog fixed before so I don't know whats normal or whats not. If anyones gone through this could they tell me what they experienced, so I have a little idea of what to expect ? thank you

How do I care for my dog after being fixed? General Dog Discussions
    • my vet gave me a list of instructions and pain medsshe didn't take any without fighting. so i figure she didn't need it.keep on leash with me to keep calm and watch incision.

• the vet swill give you instructions when you bring him in for the neuteringI have had many dogs fixed just had my 2 year old shiba inu done just before Christmasthe main thing is to keep them from running and jumping on thingsthe first day if picked up same day as surgery your dog will be groggy and may moan this is the dog coming out of the anesthesiaI have NEVER used pain meds on my males or femalesI have found it easiest to crate the dog when I'm not able to keep an eye on it to prevent the running and jumpingyou need to keep the incision dry and just keep an eye on it