Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also?

We have a 2 yr old Maltipoo. He has been peeing all over the house; on my daughter's bed, on the posts of my bed, but not in his owner's, my son's room. We also have 2-3 year old cats- one male, one female. Why is the dog doing this?

Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also?

We have a 2 yr old Maltipoo. He has been peeing all over the house; on my daughter's bed, on the posts of my bed, but not in his owner's, my son's room. We also have 2-3 year old cats- one male, one female. Why is the dog doing this?...
    General Dog Discussions : Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also?...

• Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also?

Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 2 yr old Maltipoo. He has been peeing all over the house; on my daughter's bed, on the posts of my bed, but not in his owner's, my son's room. We also have 2-3 year old cats- one male, one female. Why is the dog doing this?

Would a dog peeing throughout the house be because there is a male cat in the house, also? General Dog Discussions
    • Possibly...Are the cats fairly new to the house? If so, this could just be a symptom of stress from the dog.However, if the cats have been around for awhile and the peeing is just starting, it could possibly be a Urinary Tract Infection. This is fairly common in dogs, and requires a visit to the vet and some antibiotics to fix. The reason I'm suggesting this is because dogs with UTI's avoid peeing in the places that they're supposed to. They do this because peeing is painful for them, so they associate pain with those places that they're allowed to pee in, so they find other locations less associated with pain to do their business. Read this article for further info about Urinary Tract Infections: http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/lower-urinary-tract-problems-infections-dogs