How do I know if my dog has a concussion?

Dogs can get concussions, but it's not likely just from hitting her head under the bed. More often from falling out a window or being hit by a car. Just keep an eye on her for any odd behavior - dizziness, etc. If you see that, take her to the vet. …

Dogs can get concussions, but it's not likely just from hitting her head under the bed. More often from falling out a window or being hit by a car. Just keep an eye on her for any odd behavior - dizziness, etc. If you see that, take her to the vet. …...
    General Dog Discussions : How do I know if my dog has a concussion?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I know if my dog has a concussion?

How do I know if my dog has a concussion? General Dog Discussions
      Dogs can get concussions, but it's not likely just from hitting her head under the bed. More often from falling out a window or being hit by a car. Just keep an eye on her for any odd behavior - dizziness, etc. If you see that, take her to the vet. Otherwise she should be fine.

How do I know if my dog has a concussion? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm sure they do get concussions, but I've not seen one. Is your dog having any signs or symptoms of concussion: sleeping a lot & being hard to rouse, vomitting, disorientation?If so, I would, RIGHT AWAY, get the dog to a vet. Otherwise, if he/she is acting normal with no problems at all...it's your choice. I wouldn't say "don't have him/her checked out" b/c I'd hate for something to happen to him/her...All I know is that MY dogs have hard heads! :)They frequently hit their heads hard (clumsy dogs), but have never suffered any damage...Trust your gut & be a responsible owner...if you have ANY doubts, take the dog to the vet for confirmation. A few dollars of a vet bill is NOTHING in the larger picture to do what is best for your pet! Good luck...let us know what happened!

• I'm pretty sure they could...but i doubt that could be enough to give a concussion...if your really worried go to the vet...also check your dogs head for any bleeding...im sure u have already though, but just a suggestionhope shes alrite