How to comfort a dying dog?

My older dog is very sick and will most likely die any day now. Is there any way I can comfort her and make her feel at ease? Shes a rescue who has had a very hard life and it completely breaks my heart. I've only had her two years but I feel like I've…

My older dog is very sick and will most likely die any day now. Is there any way I can comfort her and make her feel at ease? Shes a rescue who has had a very hard life and it completely breaks my heart. I've only had her two years but I feel like I've…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to comfort a dying dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to comfort a dying dog?

How to comfort a dying dog? General Dog Discussions
      My older dog is very sick and will most likely die any day now. Is there any way I can comfort her and make her feel at ease? Shes a rescue who has had a very hard life and it completely breaks my heart. I've only had her two years but I feel like I've had her forever and I just want to make her final days as comfortable as possible.

How to comfort a dying dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Essentially the same way you would comfort a person. Be with them. Talk to them. Make them as comfortable as you can. Personally I think putting down a very sick dog is the right thing to do. Why let them suffer needlessly? My sympathy to you. Losing a friend is hard.

• Well, if she is suffering and is in pain, then the most humane thing to do is to have her euthanized. She won't feel anything because it's painless. But if you don't think that's necessary, then just spend as much time with her as possible. Pet her and talk softly to her. When you go to sleep make sure she is in the same room with you. If you really wanna go the extra mile, then pet stores have calming aroma therapy candles for pets. Just make her feel that she is loved.

• I'm really sorry! Has your dog seen a vet? If not, then the first thing you need to do is to take her to the vet. If the vet says there is nothing he or she can do to help your dog, then as hard as it is you need to have her Humanely Euthanized. Please, don't let her die in pain! She's suffering and Euthanizing her, will let her die a more peaceful and painless death. If you don't take her to the vet, she will die in pain. Please for her sake, don't let that happen. Losing your best friend is going to be one of the hardest most heartbreaking situations you will have to face in life but you need to think of what is best for your dog, so she doesn't spend her last days in pain. She has no quality of life, she's suffering and in pain. If your regular vets office is closed for the day, Emergency Vets are open 24/7 and you can take her there.http://www.paws2heaven.com/poems/if_it_should_be1.htmhttp://www.paws2heaven.com/poems/may_i_go_now.htm