my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do?

I noticed that it had a little blood, so I cleaned it with some peroxide spray. He doesn't seem bothered but I feel a little concerned.

my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do?

I noticed that it had a little blood, so I cleaned it with some peroxide spray. He doesn't seem bothered but I feel a little concerned....
    General Dog Discussions : my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do?...

• my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do?

my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do? General Dog Discussions
      I noticed that it had a little blood, so I cleaned it with some peroxide spray. He doesn't seem bothered but I feel a little concerned.

my cat lost his back hind leg nail from a kitchen tile trying to run away from my daughter. What should I do? General Dog Discussions
    • It'll be sore, it's like us losing a fingernail after slamming our finger in the door. Keep an eye on it for a day or so, with the bleeding. But it'll form a new nail in a week or two. Not to worry.

• You did the right thing by cleaning it with peroxide spray or even peroxide from the bottle. If it's stops bleeding then you may not have anything to worry about, but i would keep an eye on it for a few days. If it doesn't look like it is healing or if he acts like it is giving him some pain, then i would suggest he needs to see the vet.I had a dog that did this very same thing twice actually, and i had to take her to the vet both times, but it was bleeding pretty bad, and the vet had to wrap it up both times. She healed just fine and had no problems after wards. Main thing is to keep an eye on it, and keep cleaning it with the peroxide for a couple days.Poor thing :( Hope he gets recovers quickly!