Is it common for a dog to feel better after it recovers from a stroke?

I have a miniature dachshund that is 15 years old and some months, she's quite the old dog, had her since I was 3. Anyways a few weeks ago she had a stroke(at I think so because she had the symptoms of them and was having what I think were after…

I have a miniature dachshund that is 15 years old and some months, she's quite the old dog, had her since I was 3. Anyways a few weeks ago she had a stroke(at I think so because she had the symptoms of them and was having what I think were after…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it common for a dog to feel better after it recovers from a stroke?...

• Is it common for a dog to feel better after it recovers from a stroke?

Is it common for a dog to feel better after it recovers from a stroke? General Dog Discussions
      I have a miniature dachshund that is 15 years old and some months, she's quite the old dog, had her since I was 3. Anyways a few weeks ago she had a stroke(at I think so because she had the symptoms of them and was having what I think were after seizures) and was pretty tired for a few days after. So she just laid around like usual like she's done ever since my other dog(Pomeranian) died about a year and a half ago. The funny thing is that since she recovered and got most of her strength back, she acts like she's happier and has more energy now, and just perkier in general. She also seems to want to be around us more often, whereas she used to isolate herself from everyone unless we has food of course.lol Is it normal for a dog to feel better after having a stroke or seizure? I know some may feel good just before death but she hasn't died yet so I don't think that's the case.

Is it common for a dog to feel better after it recovers from a stroke? General Dog Discussions
    • My dog had a stroke just a few months ago. One week before his 15th birthday. He vomited 14 times in 1 1/2 hours. His equilibrium was off so badly because when a dog has a stroke, their eyes shift rapidly from side to side. This gives the dog severe vertigo and they will fall over when trying to walk because they don't know up from down. I rushed him to the vet who gave him steroids and Tramadol for pain. It took him until now, 6 months to be where I considered him to have made a 98% recovery. I almost lost him. As soon as their eyes quit shifting rapidly, which takes about 24-48 hours, you know your dog will survive. Steroids are important to reduce swelling in the brain. Did you get your dog diagnosed as having a stroke? It doesn't sound to me like a stroke. It sounds more like a seizure. You need to get her diagnosed properly because this could very well happen again.