My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a?

little warmer, but all other conditions are fine, still eating and drinking (a little more than usual) and going to the bathroom with no problems?

My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a?

little warmer, but all other conditions are fine, still eating and drinking (a little more than usual) and going to the bathroom with no problems?...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a?...

• My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a?

My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a? General Dog Discussions
      little warmer, but all other conditions are fine, still eating and drinking (a little more than usual) and going to the bathroom with no problems?

My dog has started to pant heavily, not due to warmer conditions or after heavy exercise, and his nose gets a? General Dog Discussions
    • older dogs tend to breathe heavily because of there age. pain tends to make you feel very heated, therefore panting and sweating. same thing in older dogs who have arthritis. my neighbor's dog was like that. if it is a younger dog then it may be that he/she is feeling sick. give the dog a couple of days and if he/she is not feeling better within the next 48 hours, you should take him/her to the vet for a check up. look at this website for other symptoms in your dog that will help you better understand why he/she is panting so heavily.http://ezinearticles.com/?Symptoms-of-Pain-and-Illness-in-Dogs&id=9786

• Panting is a sign of pain, as is shaking, or shivering. It is good he is still eating / drinking. I suggest he needs a trip to the vet though. It could be a heart problem. Any coughing? That is another sign of heart problem. Good Luck.