The breeder I got my Rottweiler from messed his tail up when docking it.. ?

Ok so the day that I got my Rottweiler the breeder showed me his tail, it was a poorly done docking job, they had cut it and the tip of the bone was sharp inside of his skin... But the skin was healed up over it, it hurt him for a few days.So I took him…

Ok so the day that I got my Rottweiler the breeder showed me his tail, it was a poorly done docking job, they had cut it and the tip of the bone was sharp inside of his skin... But the skin was healed up over it, it hurt him for a few days.So I took him…...
    General Dog Discussions : The breeder I got my Rottweiler from messed his tail up when docking it.. ?...

• The breeder I got my Rottweiler from messed his tail up when docking it.. ?

The breeder I got my Rottweiler from messed his tail up when docking it.. ? General Dog Discussions
      Ok so the day that I got my Rottweiler the breeder showed me his tail, it was a poorly done docking job, they had cut it and the tip of the bone was sharp inside of his skin... But the skin was healed up over it, it hurt him for a few days.So I took him to the VET after about a week, and the VET told me since it wasn't bothering him anymore that it would be fine to just leave it alone.. So that's what I did.For 4 whole years he's had NO problems with it, but yesterday when he was sleeping at the foot of my bed he rolled off, and he made this god awful high pitched squeel, I couldn't figure out where his pain was coming from, and it didn't dawn on me that it could be his tail.Until right now, I'm watching him bend in half to lick his tail, and it looks as if the tip of the bone that they screwed up is poking on the skin, like it's causing pressure on the skin that healed around it... His hair on the tip of his tail never really grew back over the awkward bone.Now I'm going to make an appt with my VET tomorrow, they probably won't see us until the next day or the day after :/.. So since I'll have to wait I want to see what you guys think, will they have to do amputation, or cut open the skin to shave some of the bone down?Has this happened to other dogs? And what is the healing process like?Also, do you know what the cost for something like that might be?I just realized it has a slight smell coming from it, like maybe infection.? I'm going to keep him from licking it... This has NEVER happened before except for the first few days after I bought him.MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO BREEDS DOGS, PLEASE NEVER DO THE RUBBER BAND METHOD. HAVE A VET DO THE DOCKING!I've been trying to call the breeder ALL day long, website gone, number changed. WTF!Well i lied, not all day long but since about 6 o'clock when I first noticed him licking. Now that I actually see the bone poking on the skin and smell it I'm freaking out.Few hours ago I found a number online attached to his name, looks like they may have changed their kennel name. But no response.

The breeder I got my Rottweiler from messed his tail up when docking it.. ? General Dog Discussions
    • The vet will either shave the bone down or remove the last vertebra, then create a neat skin flap to form a tidy stump. This is very straightforward surgery and it should heal completely within 10 days. I have no idea about the cost. The vet may not be able to do the surgery for a few days, but you should get the infection seen immediately so the vet can start him on antibiotics.