Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid?

I don't have any dog shampoo or anything , and he needs a bath.what do i do?

Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid?

I don't have any dog shampoo or anything , and he needs a bath.what do i do?...
    General Dog Discussions : Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid?...

• Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid?

Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid? General Dog Discussions
      I don't have any dog shampoo or anything , and he needs a bath.what do i do?

Will it harm a puppy if I take him a bath with regular human shampoo or dishwashing liquid? General Dog Discussions
    • No, it won't harm them.... It could possibly dry their skin out if you wash them more than once every week and a half though. If it's fleas that you're trying to get rid of Lemon JOY dish detergent works WONDERS at killing them little buggers.... Good Luck hun !!

• My family and I have never used dish washing liquid, but whenever we don't have the special "dog formula" shampoo, we just use whatever human shampoo we have.Good luck.Oh, and if you have a big dog, make sure you put it on a leash and tie it up outside. In my experience with big dogs, they don't exactly cooperate during baths. Especially not in the bathtub..

• I think its safe as long as it doesn't get in the dogs eyes, ears or eats it. Also be careful that water doesn't get in the ears or it can cause an infection, make sure that you wash off the shampoo really well.

• Both dish washing liquid and human shampoo have the wrong PH level for a dog and can strip your dog’s skin of its natural oils leaving it dry and chaffed. For a young puppy this can cause discomfort, rash, and sometimes the need for a vet trip to help your poor pup.Digesting these products is also quite bad for dogs with anything from giving them to diarrhea to illness (possibly even to death) depending on the amount ingested.Either rinse him off with plain water for now, or wait until you can go buy some doggy shampoo.