With the warm weather coming up soon what can I do to make sure my dog is safe?

He will still be a puppy, As of now he is 3 months old.

He will still be a puppy, As of now he is 3 months old....
    General Dog Discussions : With the warm weather coming up soon what can I do to make sure my dog is safe?...

• With the warm weather coming up soon what can I do to make sure my dog is safe?

With the warm weather coming up soon what can I do to make sure my dog is safe? General Dog Discussions
      He will still be a puppy, As of now he is 3 months old.

With the warm weather coming up soon what can I do to make sure my dog is safe? General Dog Discussions
    • Make sure he is not left outside in the heat. He should always have access to shade and water when outdoors. Depending on what kind of dog you have, some have problems breathing in the summer (pugs, mastiffs, bullmastiffs, bulldogs etc) and they must be watched carefully.Always make sure your dog has plenty of water available to him. There are water dishes you can use outside that let you attach a 2L bottle of water to them and they replenish the water in the dish as needed. I freeze 1/2 the bottle of water and add cool water for the balance....that way he has nice cold water all day.And never, ever take your dog in the car and leave them in there, even if you think you will be gone 2 minutes. In the summer the car interior can go above 100 degrees in moments and a lot of animals (and even children) die every year because people don't think.

• Hi. Is your puppy an inside dog or does he stay outdoors? I'm assuming the latter since you are concerned about the weather...so I would definitely reccomend that he always has plenty of fresh drinking water...very important...and also provide a place for him to have some shade from the hot sun. Also make sure he is up to date on all shots. Warm weather brings lots of different animals out..even wild ones. And if he is a breed that has longer hair...you might want to call a vet and ask if they reccomend having his hair trimmed on a regular basis. Since you are so concerned about this, I know that you will do what is right to make him as comfortable as possible. Isn't it sad to see an animal tied up in the hot sun with no way to find shade and no way to get to their water? Sometimes they get tangled in their chain/leash and can't reach it, so this is something else you might have to consider. Glad you asked this question...maybe it will make some new pet owners aware of something that they haven't thought of yet! And, the fresh water is very, very important. Enjoy your puppy! I hope this helps you some.

• What kind of worries are you worried abut? If its outside put him or her in a dog kennel they are fairly cheap at pet supply shops. Make sure you have coverage for it from the elements like shade from the sun and rain and keep plenty of water out. That should be safe .