How long does it take for the mange syrup to work?

The vet gave us a cherry syrup medicine to give to our Weimaraner puppy. She's miserable, poor thing. The vet did a skin scrape and told us Morgan had a bad case or mange ( the non-contagious type). I'm wondering how long it will take for the syrup to…

The vet gave us a cherry syrup medicine to give to our Weimaraner puppy. She's miserable, poor thing. The vet did a skin scrape and told us Morgan had a bad case or mange ( the non-contagious type). I'm wondering how long it will take for the syrup to…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long does it take for the mange syrup to work?...

• How long does it take for the mange syrup to work?

How long does it take for the mange syrup to work? General Dog Discussions
      The vet gave us a cherry syrup medicine to give to our Weimaraner puppy. She's miserable, poor thing. The vet did a skin scrape and told us Morgan had a bad case or mange ( the non-contagious type). I'm wondering how long it will take for the syrup to start helping her? How long until she's better? She's been on the syrup for 3 days now.

How long does it take for the mange syrup to work? General Dog Discussions
    • There are 3 types of mange in dogs. Sorry, but it is hard to guess which one you mean. A cherry syrup is not the normal treatment mentioned for ANY of them. Sarcoptic mange is contagious to canines and humans, so I 'think' we can rule it out. Why not call the vet back, or check your dismissal paperwork (to see if a DIAGNOSIS was printed on the info going home.) If there is no info on your bill or dismissal & instruction slip, then ASK the vet's office which mange your dog has, that way you can Google the mange and read articles on it. Alternately, if you call the vet back, ASK how long the treatment should take before you see either improvement or run out of medication. (Usually the latter corresponds to a return visit, booked at the last visit.)Demodectic, is the mange most commonly seen in Weim puppies. There is a diet correlation. Demodectic mites FEED on yeast, from sugar in the diet. Sugar comes from carbohydrates. Therefore, the second article (link) talks about how you can improve the outcome, by changing the diet. You can take the advice or ignore it, but having worked for a holistic vet for many years, I advise you try that part of the information, because there will be no harm in doing so.