How many times can one dog have a poo in a day?

as many as it needs to. You don't plan on how many times you are going to poo during the day when you get up do you? Depends on their diet, or how their stomach is feeling, those kinds of things. I have a 10 year old lab and a 1 year old St. Bernard that…

as many as it needs to. You don't plan on how many times you are going to poo during the day when you get up do you? Depends on their diet, or how their stomach is feeling, those kinds of things. I have a 10 year old lab and a 1 year old St. Bernard that…...
    General Dog Discussions : How many times can one dog have a poo in a day?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many times can one dog have a poo in a day?

How many times can one dog have a poo in a day? General Dog Discussions
      as many as it needs to. You don't plan on how many times you are going to poo during the day when you get up do you? Depends on their diet, or how their stomach is feeling, those kinds of things. I have a 10 year old lab and a 1 year old St. Bernard that goes outside to go potty maybe only 4-5 times a day. And poops only once, usually at night after dinner and exercising. My 7 week old puppy goes out like every hour. And poops almost every time!!

How many times can one dog have a poo in a day? General Dog Discussions
    • One or two times daily is normal, regardless of size. Cheap food doesn't digest well = more volume of poop produced. But regardless, it should have a nice round shape, should be segmented, and should hold form leaving little to no residue on the ground when picked up. It should not be overly hard or look like pellets, that's constipation. Soft-serve ice cream consistency or losing its form when picked up is a soft stool... Oatmeal, pudding or watery consistency is diarrhea. If your dog regularly has stools that aren't normal, consult the vet. The reasons for irregular bowels are too many to list here.

• is your dog going excessively? probably due to his diet if he is. my dogs (GSD, 2 dobes, 1 standard poodle, treeing walker coonhound) only go 2 times a day. they are on a super-premium raw-based dog food. what goes in comes out, so if your dog food/snacks contain a large amount of grains and carbs (corn, wheat, beet pulp) they poop a lot. try finding a better dog food.