My puppy broke his toe and I recently noticed his other paw is changing?

It looks like since he is not putting too much weight on his paw with the broken toe so the other paw is taking more weight and is larger looking with toes splayed. Will this go away once he recovers? my vet did not mention anything about this.

It looks like since he is not putting too much weight on his paw with the broken toe so the other paw is taking more weight and is larger looking with toes splayed. Will this go away once he recovers? my vet did not mention anything about this....
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy broke his toe and I recently noticed his other paw is changing?...

• My puppy broke his toe and I recently noticed his other paw is changing?

My puppy broke his toe and I recently noticed his other paw is changing? General Dog Discussions
      It looks like since he is not putting too much weight on his paw with the broken toe so the other paw is taking more weight and is larger looking with toes splayed. Will this go away once he recovers? my vet did not mention anything about this.

My puppy broke his toe and I recently noticed his other paw is changing? General Dog Discussions
    • AFTER the other toe is healed try this:Many "show" people make their dogs walk on gravel. It helps to tighten the feet muscles and teaches the dogs to walk more upright on their feet. Don't try until after the dog is healed!!Another thing you can do is elevate the feed and water bowls; this teaches them to tip-toe and again, strengthens the feet.