Question on Introducing Vitamins?

I'm introducing C and E last week. I know how much I need to give but I also know that giving her the full amount can give her diarra or worse. I just wanted to know how much to start and how long in between raising amount. Example I need to give her…

I'm introducing C and E last week. I know how much I need to give but I also know that giving her the full amount can give her diarra or worse. I just wanted to know how much to start and how long in between raising amount. Example I need to give her…...
    General Dog Discussions : Question on Introducing Vitamins?...

• Question on Introducing Vitamins?

Question on Introducing Vitamins? General Dog Discussions
      I'm introducing C and E last week. I know how much I need to give but I also know that giving her the full amount can give her diarra or worse. I just wanted to know how much to start and how long in between raising amount. Example I need to give her 6000mg of Vitamine C but should I start at 1000mg and raise it daily or weekly. Doberman and she is also pregnant (I know I should have started before but now is better then never)Knoledgable answers pleaseAlso if it matters she has always had Vet vitimins but fellow breeders have told me to change.

Question on Introducing Vitamins? General Dog Discussions
    • Vitamins are only indicated where there is a deficiency. You can cause all sorts of problems if you start overdosing your dogs on vitamins. Luckily vit c and e are fairly harmless. If your dogs are on a good diet then you are wasting your money. If they arent then get them on a good diet and stop wasting money. If your dog has skin disease then vit e will help as will omegas. Making sure your pregnant bitch is on a good puppy food late in her pregnancy will help avoid most problems including hypercalcemia post partum. If you are feeding a home diet then a complete supplement is more ideal then adding in select vitamins. Hope this helps.