? about a puppy who overdosed on flea repellent?

A week ago today my puppy overdosed on flea repellant (after one bath with flea shampoo.) We called our vet when he began drooling, not responding to us, and seemed to have become blind. We took him in and he got many shots to try to flush the poison…

A week ago today my puppy overdosed on flea repellant (after one bath with flea shampoo.) We called our vet when he began drooling, not responding to us, and seemed to have become blind. We took him in and he got many shots to try to flush the poison…...
    General Dog Discussions : ? about a puppy who overdosed on flea repellent?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ? about a puppy who overdosed on flea repellent?

? about a puppy who overdosed on flea repellent? General Dog Discussions
      A week ago today my puppy overdosed on flea repellant (after one bath with flea shampoo.) We called our vet when he began drooling, not responding to us, and seemed to have become blind. We took him in and he got many shots to try to flush the poison out of his system and we were to give him atrophine shots at home. He seemed better but everyday since he has been having a reoccurance of symtoms. We took him back a few days ago and he was diagnosed with an infection (high white blood cells and high liver enzymes.) So now he is on antibiotics. The vet said that he should have cleared all of the poison out of his system by now but he is still having the same symptoms. We tried to call our vet again but she wasn't in today. I also can't really afford much more at this point. I guess I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? What was the outcome? Any suggestions?

? about a puppy who overdosed on flea repellent? General Dog Discussions
    • If you are not getting the answers you are looking for take it to another vet. I would rather do that, it isn't gonna hurt to get a second opinion at all it honestly could only help. It may only be an infection, where it over dosed on the flea meds it could have gotten in a lung and set up infection or any thing. Dog's are alot like people and I have herd of many people getting a chemical phenomena. It is where you inhale the chemical so it could be that. Have them test your dogs blood and see if it is showing any thing else besides the white blood count being high. They can test it for lot's of different things. They don't aways do it if you don't ask. Good luck and I hope your dog gets better soon...

• Are you sure your dog didn't get parvo??I"m not sure what it can cause.. But I'd say you need to get the dog back in to the vets ASAP!!! GOOD LUCKAnd I know what it costs to go to the vets.. I had a poodle that was in a vets place for a week and sadly enuff they had to do an explortary(Sp) surgery and she died from the shock of the surgery she was only 7 years old... the vet told me that she had a liver that looked like she'd been a drunk all of her life a white mass.. How horrible is that, all that money out and still didn't have my dog, it took over a year to pay it completely off.. GOOD LUCK!!! Hope everything goes well for you doggy