Is my puppy having a seizer?

He'll sit up right and start "smacking" his jaws, like he's eating something chewy..idk how else to describe it. And then his mouth gets full of foam. He doesn't look in pain or anything and it last about 10 seconds and he goes back to normal like…

He'll sit up right and start "smacking" his jaws, like he's eating something chewy..idk how else to describe it. And then his mouth gets full of foam. He doesn't look in pain or anything and it last about 10 seconds and he goes back to normal like…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my puppy having a seizer?...

• Is my puppy having a seizer?

Is my puppy having a seizer? General Dog Discussions
      He'll sit up right and start "smacking" his jaws, like he's eating something chewy..idk how else to describe it. And then his mouth gets full of foam. He doesn't look in pain or anything and it last about 10 seconds and he goes back to normal like nothing happened afterwards.He has distemper(apparently he caught it at the shelter I adopted him from) and I already know someones gonna go "omg he has rabies" because of the foam thing..he doesn't! But his vet said to keep a look out for seizers or neurological tweeks. Does it sound like a seizer or neurological problem?? My family thinks his throat is just getting clogged up from his respitory problems.

Is my puppy having a seizer? General Dog Discussions
    • It certainly sounds like a seizure. Keep track of how often and in response to what situation your dog has seizures. If they are frequent, there are good meds to prevent them.My son has a dog that has seizures very rarely (3 times in 2 years) and vet says he doesn't need any medication, but if it becomes frequent, phenobarbytol is an excellent, cheap med that prevents them.Keep track, call your vet and discuss this.