Kittens have crusty stuff on their eyes, and a few other questions?

There was a pregnant stray cat at my boyfriend's work and I talked him into bringing her home so we could take care of her. She had 2 beautiful kittens, 1 boy and 1 girl. They seem like they are doing pretty well besides their eyes and noses. The little…

There was a pregnant stray cat at my boyfriend's work and I talked him into bringing her home so we could take care of her. She had 2 beautiful kittens, 1 boy and 1 girl. They seem like they are doing pretty well besides their eyes and noses. The little…...
    General Dog Discussions : Kittens have crusty stuff on their eyes, and a few other questions?...

• Kittens have crusty stuff on their eyes, and a few other questions?

Kittens have crusty stuff on their eyes, and a few other questions? General Dog Discussions
      There was a pregnant stray cat at my boyfriend's work and I talked him into bringing her home so we could take care of her. She had 2 beautiful kittens, 1 boy and 1 girl. They seem like they are doing pretty well besides their eyes and noses. The little boy can open his one eye, but his other eye has hard crusty stuff on it. He also has a little bit of a runny nose. The little girl can't open either one of her eyes. They are both like crusted shut. She has a runny nose also, but hers is worse. You can see stuff coming out of it and the poor thing is always sneezing. :( They turned 3 weeks old on Thursday. Is there anything I can do for them? Also, how can I talk my boyfriend into letting me keep the mom and her kittens? This is the first time I've ever had a kitten since birth and I would hate to see them go. He's not a big fan of cats. On top of that I'm pregnant so he has to clean the litter box and he's not too happy about that. lol When would be a good time to introduce them to my puppy? The mom is great with her, I don't know if that would help or not. When should I start feeding them soft food, and what kind? Also, I heard that you're supposed to feed the mother cat kitten food, which I have been doing. The problem is I don't think it fills her up because she goes through a 3 pound bag in less than a week so I started mixing a little adult cat food in it. Is that okay? I feel stupid asking these questions but I really have no experience with this. haha Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.(:

Kittens have crusty stuff on their eyes, and a few other questions? General Dog Discussions
    • Hello I adopted my second cat when she was four months now she is 5 years old. We didn't know but a few days after we had got her she had a very runny nose ,sneezing and her eyes were running and crusting a lot. We took her to the vet and she got diagnosed with herpies. She also has upper respitory problems. Like when we leave for an over night vacation she gets very stressed and begins to get cold sores ,throwing up ,runny eyes and nose... ect. It seems to me your two little kittens have herpies. Bring them to the vet soon (no hurry ,but dont put it off for a maximum of 3 weeks) because then they can subscribe so medicine for them. About 5-8 times a day take a warm ,damp rag and wipe their eyes gently so the crust wont build. Make sure you wash your hands before and after. Start to introduce them to your puppy 2 weeks after they open there eyes and the doctor said they are healthy or you need to give them medicine so on. Tell your boyfriend cats are wonderful pets for when new borns are around. They don't have short tempers and if you get them used to people and your dog they will NOT harm your baby. Cats form a relationship with their owner and will make sure to watch over anything and everything that is happening. When my sister was born the 2 year old cat would sleep with her in the crib and follow her around everywhere. Just keep feeding the adult cat kitten food until you see the vet. Or even ask someone at the petfood store. Hope I answered all your questions :)

• I have had kittys for over 30yrs my first were left to die in a park i was a nurse but knew nothing about cats thought i was a dog person but after enjoying my kittys 7 in all i like the freedom cats provideyour kitten i think either have allergy or something more serious they make special towel to clean there eyes and drop if this doesn't help amost immedialy i would look for a vet some of the petsmarts have them instore as to feeding i think it is to soon for kitty chow the have special milk in can at the pet stores for the kittens as for mommy kitty she needs to keep up her nutritrion on the ? of the puppy intro alitte at a time to make sure is doest have them for lunch but the younger they both are the better it seems to go i hope this helps my first kittens like i said were so young when they came into my life i feed the with a bottle i became mom for my lil girl and boy they lived 17and 20yrs