How old does a Border Collie usually live?

I have a mixed Border collie (I believe she's half Labrador, but I couldn't say for sure). My little darling has now reached the venerable age of 16 years old. Her health is alright, although she does get out of breath very early during a walk and starts…

I have a mixed Border collie (I believe she's half Labrador, but I couldn't say for sure). My little darling has now reached the venerable age of 16 years old. Her health is alright, although she does get out of breath very early during a walk and starts…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How old does a Border Collie usually live?...

• How old does a Border Collie usually live?

How old does a Border Collie usually live? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a mixed Border collie (I believe she's half Labrador, but I couldn't say for sure). My little darling has now reached the venerable age of 16 years old. Her health is alright, although she does get out of breath very early during a walk and starts limping if I walk her too long (which I try to never do). Anyways I just wanted to know if any former Border Collie owner could just share what age their dog reached.

How old does a Border Collie usually live? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The natural life span of the Border Collie is between 9 years to 17 years, with an average lifespan of twelve years. The median longevities of breeds of similar size are usually 12 to 13 years.Leading causes of death were cancer (23.6%), old age (17.9%) and cerebral vascular afflictions (9.4%).

• Border Collies are generally hardy dogs - they've had to be in order to suitable for farm work. Their history as a working dog also means that the best workers with the longest lives were the ones that were bred - not just the prettiest. That's how you've gotten to this point. Give the old girl a pat from me - she sounds grand!

• I have a Border Collie, aways have owned a collie. They usually live untill their around 14- 15 years old. My old border collie dog lived untill he was 14.I hope i could help :)