Will my dog be pregnant by a 5month old puppy?

I have a puppy who is 5months old and my dog is on heat. They have had sex twice now but i didn't even think at 5months old he would be able to do it. Now im scared my dog is pregnant. Could she be with a puppy only 5months old who doesnt have balls yet?…

I have a puppy who is 5months old and my dog is on heat. They have had sex twice now but i didn't even think at 5months old he would be able to do it. Now im scared my dog is pregnant. Could she be with a puppy only 5months old who doesnt have balls yet?…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will my dog be pregnant by a 5month old puppy?...

• Will my dog be pregnant by a 5month old puppy?

Will my dog be pregnant by a 5month old puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I have a puppy who is 5months old and my dog is on heat. They have had sex twice now but i didn't even think at 5months old he would be able to do it. Now im scared my dog is pregnant. Could she be with a puppy only 5months old who doesnt have balls yet? I have also phoned the vet and they said i would need to hand in a urine sample but how do i get that from my dog?

Will my dog be pregnant by a 5month old puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • You let him penetrate TWICE?YES the dam is probably pregnant! Pups as young as four months have sired litters. If he has enough drive and instinct to get the job done, then he's almost certainly producing viable sperm.And by "not having balls", he DOES have them and if they have not descended by now, they probably will never descend and will instead hang out in his abdomen becoming cancerous. Retained testicles are also HIGHLY genetic and so if he's managed to impregnate your dam most or all of his sons will probably inherit this MAJOR fault and health concern.Tell the vet you want an emergency spay for the female and a neuter for the male - no pups now and no pups ever - since you clearly lack the knowledge base, support system, and/or common sense to responsibly keep an intact animal.

• Probably. Schedule a spay for her this week since you obviously can't manage to have intact animals. A urine sample? For what? That's not how you tell a dog is pregnant.

• Wow. 5 months. Talk about YOUNG. FAR TOO YOUNG.You watched the dogs mate and yet you did nothing to seperate/stop them.Females should be bred at 2 years of age. Your dog is 5 months old. If she indeed does become pregnant, she will likely die, or the puppies, or both from complications during pregnancy, she is WAY to young to be bred, and had you taken the precautions and kept her confined when she showed signs of heat, this wouldn't be.'The first pregnant is the hardest for any living animal, even dogs. B*tches who are inexperienced or are to young usually have the hardest time. If she doesn't die from complications, she'll eat the puppies, because she's too young or stressed out to deal with them. If she doesn't eat them, she'll reject them and not feed them, leaving them to starve to death, and in that case, you either bottle fed, or the whole litter will surely die of starvation. Dogs usually come into sexual maturity at 6 months of age, but this varies.

• Did he penetrate her? If so, did they TIE? You do not say, and it would be VERY VERY unusual for a FIVE month male to actually mate with even a matron b***itch. There are SO many people who see dogs humping and think that that is all that is required for a breeding to take place, but if he DID penetrate her....and you are sure she is in season....then she has a very good chance of being pregnant.Although I'm not like some on here who's ONLY answer to a question like this one is to say, "SPAY....NEUTER....IRRESPONSIBLE OWNER....YADA YADA YADA", I will say that you should be more careful when it comes to living with intact dogs. If you SAW them about to mate and did nothing to stop them just because you thought that at 5 months the male was not capable, then you will need to take responsibility for the outcome. As far as a urine sample goes, there is NO WAY to determine if a dog is pregnant that way. You will need to have your vet perform an ultrasound in about 3 weeks. IF she is indeed pregnant, you can then decide if you want to do a spay (which will abort the litter) or allow her to whelp, which will mean EXPENSE and WORK for you.....health risk for her....and responsibility for you to find homes for her puppies.