How do i find a cheap baby border collie?

I have been wanting a border collie for my birthday, but i have to find a baby and it has to be cute i would also like a girl but that's not to important. I have been searching and searching and cant find 1. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME. if there is…

I have been wanting a border collie for my birthday, but i have to find a baby and it has to be cute i would also like a girl but that's not to important. I have been searching and searching and cant find 1. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME. if there is…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i find a cheap baby border collie?...

• How do i find a cheap baby border collie?

How do i find a cheap baby border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have been wanting a border collie for my birthday, but i have to find a baby and it has to be cute i would also like a girl but that's not to important. I have been searching and searching and cant find 1. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME. if there is anyone out there wanting to sell border collie puppies PLZZZ say so. TY!!!

How do i find a cheap baby border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Find a good reputable breeder of Border Collies, and you will pay the appropriate price. My BC was $650, which is relatively cheap for a well bred dog.Dogs are not cheap, and a poorly bred Border Collie will end up costing you a lot more in the long run.Rescues are a great place though. Many Border Collies end up there because idiots buy the cute little puppies and then they realize the amount of exercise the dog needs.

• just google it. some places ship puppies....buuut you really dont want a cheap dog. i mean you want to make sure the dog is ok. alot of puppies come from puppy mills and the dogs are very unhealthy and you spend alot on vet bills....the way i see it is if you buy a good one for more money you save on vet bills...it evens out....but just google it

• First. Research,Research,Research,Research before getting a Border Collie Puppy.Second. Look into a Rescue, be patient. and take your time. There are breed specific rescues and they often get puppies in - in the spring. But just for you know, They are a adoption center and do not breed dogs. so if you want to get a show quality border collie go through a breeder. but that is where it gets expensive.Also think about adopting an older dog, that's a year or two old already. Less work and still a long life ahead of her or him.

• Don't get a "cheap" BC. You'll be sorry. If you're going to buy a BC, please search for a reputable breeder. A BC from a good breeder can run anywhere between 800-1500 depending on where you get them and whether they are show quality or not.BUT ... as someone else mentioned, you can always go to a rescue. There are many BC's who wind up in rescue because people are not prepared for the amount of energy these dogs have. BC's are super smart and super trainable, but they need a job. There is no getting around this. If you do not keep them busy, they will find ways to stay busy and you probably won't like what hey come up with.But again, please, don't buy a BC off of craigs list or from the news paper. There are a lot of people out there breeding BC's who shouldn't be and the BC temperment is fickle. You can wind up with a very nippy and unpleasant dog if you're not very careful about where you get it.

• In this case I would see if you had a border collie (or just a collie rescue in general) around you, and they get puppies alot. If you do find a breeder, buy your dog on a limited registration. Sign a contract to get her spayed and you might be able to get your puppy cheaper.

• I hope you have researched border collies...I have one and love her to pieces but they are extremely hyper and need constant stimulation. I hope ur willing to give up time with your friends and making sacrifices because although owning and training a border collie is very rewarding and great... you will not have much free time for the 1st 6 months at least. Good luck hun

• you want a "cheap baby border collie and it has to be cute?!?!what will you do when it grows up? dump it somewhere so you can get another "cute" baby (and it's PUPPY BTW)?you need to grow up and learn some responsibility. caring for any pup is ALOT of work and ALOT of money.and WHY? would you want to add me as a contact?!

• Try a border collie rescue group, or search shelters on petfinder.comRemember that there is no such thing as a FREE dog, they cost hundreds of dollars a year to feed, vet care, boarding, etc. That doesn't even count for random illnesses, etc.

• No such thing as a BABY Border Collie, they are puppies. And, cheap, well, you get what you pay for. You do know that Border Collies were bred to herd? You cannot not have one in your backyard. They need to be mentally stimulated, otherwise they can get into a lot of trouble. I have FIVE Border Collies and all are worked on livestock. Border Collies are not for everyone, they are for very active people who will give the dogs a job. You are probably a kid and cannot afford to work with trainers, so please reconsider and go to your local animal shelter and adopt a homeless dog. I spend over $500.00 a month for training, with a professional sheepdog trainer, for my young dog. Have spent many thousands of dollars working with professional sheepdog trainers. I am currently working with the Canadian National Champion and have in the past worked with two international champions. Unless you can do this, please find another breed of dog.

• All puppies are cute but thats not a good reason to get a puppy. If you want a border collie then you have to be willing to pay a good price if you're getting it from a reputable breeder. And by " baby" you mean puppy right? And if you want to find a reputable breeder then you have to be willing to look for a while for one. You can't just expect to find a breeder on your first try that you think is reputable. You have to keep on searching. It might take a while, but its totally worth it.

• The best place to go is the animal shelter. Don't go to a pet store because the pets there are most likely to be unhealthy. It's best to go to an animal shelter because the prices are cheap, the dogs already get vaccinations and shots. So, if you want a cheap baby border collie, I suggest you go to an animal shelter.