Will my German Shepherd puppy's testicle drop?

I am getting a 4 month old German Shepherd puppy from a breeder, and last week he had both his testicles down, but now he seems to have pulled one back up. Will it come back down? And if it doesn't, is that a problem? I am not planning on showing him.…

I am getting a 4 month old German Shepherd puppy from a breeder, and last week he had both his testicles down, but now he seems to have pulled one back up. Will it come back down? And if it doesn't, is that a problem? I am not planning on showing him.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will my German Shepherd puppy's testicle drop?...

• Will my German Shepherd puppy's testicle drop?

Will my German Shepherd puppy's testicle drop? General Dog Discussions
      I am getting a 4 month old German Shepherd puppy from a breeder, and last week he had both his testicles down, but now he seems to have pulled one back up. Will it come back down? And if it doesn't, is that a problem? I am not planning on showing him. But I know that they both have to be down in order for them to be showed. Thank you very much for your help!

Will my German Shepherd puppy's testicle drop? General Dog Discussions
    • The inguinal ring usually closes by 6 months of age. If the testicle is up, it stays up and vice versa.It doesn't really matter if you are not showing him. The surgery to neuter him is sometimes more complicated and sometimes, more expensive. Most Vets recommend neutering a cryptorchid dog as there is an increased risk for cancer. Cryptorchid dogs shouldn't be allowed to breed, it is an inherited trait. I had a cryptorchid Lhasa Apso, I had him neutered at 12 months. I would probably neuter this boy by 18 months with an undescended testicle.