How do I housebreak my border collie puppy if she won't pee/poop outside?

My border collie puppy won't pee/poop outside when we take her for walks. At first she would hold her urine until she couldn't anymore. Now, she's advanced to simply urinating and defecating on the carpet whenever she feels the urge. Its difficult to…

My border collie puppy won't pee/poop outside when we take her for walks. At first she would hold her urine until she couldn't anymore. Now, she's advanced to simply urinating and defecating on the carpet whenever she feels the urge. Its difficult to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I housebreak my border collie puppy if she won't pee/poop outside?...

• How do I housebreak my border collie puppy if she won't pee/poop outside?

How do I housebreak my border collie puppy if she won't pee/poop outside? Dog Breed Discussions
      My border collie puppy won't pee/poop outside when we take her for walks. At first she would hold her urine until she couldn't anymore. Now, she's advanced to simply urinating and defecating on the carpet whenever she feels the urge. Its difficult to train her because we can never catch her doing it in the house and we can't praise her for peeing outside because she won't.

How do I housebreak my border collie puppy if she won't pee/poop outside? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Hi,Here are the training tips you may use to help train your dog to avoid making those messes in the first place, check this out:http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/uxr.html

• It must be a border collie trait. My border wont wee or poo on walks or if anyone is watching. I took him camping and he held on for 24 hours before he eventually let something out. Do you have a yard that you can leave her in for a while (maybe with no one watching, or least that she can see) to do her business?How old is she? How long have you had her for? She might just be nervous and unsure about where to go and when. Make sure you let her outside after every meal and every 2 hours in between. If you can don't let her come in until she goes that way she will want to go as quickly as possible to get back inside. And when she finally does go plenty of praise will let her know she's done something good.

• Get her on a routine. Feed at a certain time let her out at the same times each day. First thing in the AM after each meal several times during the day and the last thing at night. Stay out there until she goes, or bring her in wait 30 minutes and take her out again. Praise each time she pees/poops outsideYour dog will go outside with proper training and allot of patience