Whys my newborn puppy bleeding from her vagina?

My dog had puppies around a week ago. They're all fine, except for one. She doesn't cry like the others when shes hungry or when you pick her up. Also, I picked her up and I noticed there's dry blood on her vagina. It almost looks like it was cut, but I…

My dog had puppies around a week ago. They're all fine, except for one. She doesn't cry like the others when shes hungry or when you pick her up. Also, I picked her up and I noticed there's dry blood on her vagina. It almost looks like it was cut, but I…...
    General Dog Discussions : Whys my newborn puppy bleeding from her vagina?...

• Whys my newborn puppy bleeding from her vagina?

Whys my newborn puppy bleeding from her vagina? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had puppies around a week ago. They're all fine, except for one. She doesn't cry like the others when shes hungry or when you pick her up. Also, I picked her up and I noticed there's dry blood on her vagina. It almost looks like it was cut, but I know it wasn't. Could there be something wrong with her?

Whys my newborn puppy bleeding from her vagina? General Dog Discussions
    • The only person qualified to tell you what is wrong with her is a vet and if I was you, I would get her to one Immediately. This is not a situation that can wait. Emergency Vets are open 24/7. Puppies this young will go downhill very fast and if you don't get her to the vet fast enough, she can die. There is no way anyone here can tell you what is wrong with this puppy because it could be so many different things and us guessing what's wrong, will not help this puppy any. She needs a vet NOW, if you don't want her to die.

• I don't know about dogs, newborn human girls will occasionally bleed from the vagina due to the surge of hormones that passes from mother to baby during birth. The only way to know for sure is to take the puppy to the vet. She may be the runt of the litter.It is not uncommon to lose a puppy in a large litter - it is sad, but don't let it get you down if she passes. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for her!

• I hope you get her to a vet soon, and I hope she makes a full recovery.She is most likely the runt and she'll have to be looked after a bit more when she's older.