What are the best ways to house-train a border collie dog?

I have a border collie and they say collies are intelligent and it's easy to train them. Do you have any ideas on what I can do at home to train my dog?

I have a border collie and they say collies are intelligent and it's easy to train them. Do you have any ideas on what I can do at home to train my dog?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the best ways to house-train a border collie dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the best ways to house-train a border collie dog?

What are the best ways to house-train a border collie dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a border collie and they say collies are intelligent and it's easy to train them. Do you have any ideas on what I can do at home to train my dog?

What are the best ways to house-train a border collie dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • always let your dog out every 15 minutes if they're young and not potty trained. once they do their business, reward them and give them a treat. plus when you're letting them out, come up with saying like "go potty!" so they can associate that with bathroom time.

• Yes, you are correct. Border collies are intelligent dogs. That means they need constant stimulation during training. Otherwise, they may feel bored and may not follow your instructions. Thus, you should curb this behavior with consistent training, a lot of attention, plenty of toys and enough exercise.Do not punish your dog by hitting or holding your dog's mouth closed, locking him/her inside the crate unsupervised or in a room. This type of punishment will make him/her hostile, fear, difficult to control, aggressive.Good luck! :)

• Yeah, you can house-train your collie. You can even used its agility in training. You may use positive reinforcement in training your dog. Aside from that, do not punish your pet if it does not follow you. Its pretty normal that a dog when in training cannot immediately get what You mean but in a little while, your dog may learn something new everyday.

• Hi, I am sure that this information will be very helpful to you. I have found a website selling digital products with resell rights. On this site there are 100s of ebooks about all subjects. And there are very latest and informative ebooks about dogs, dog training etc on this website. There is also a 1 week Trial Period at the cost of just $1 on this unique site. You can join as a trial member paying a single buck and start downloading as many number of ebooks as you want during this trial period of 1 week. Downloading is not restricted during the Trial Period. You can also resell these ebooks online and keep 100% of the money. ENJOY.If you realize that what I am telling you is TRUE, please give me full mark. Thank you in advance. I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST.

• Hey misti I understand the problem you’ve gone through when trying Secrets of Dog Training, My friend is in the same situation as you, and nothing worked for him unit he came across the Dog Training solution program, he’s been having great success with it ; maybe this something which could be right for you Well good luck.

• Hey I see that you need some sort of guide that will give you tips and tricks to help your dog become fully trained and more healthy. Recently one of my friends really needed some advice on how to train his dog. he followed the dog training academy course to successfully have a fully trained dog in weeks.