What type of food is best suited for border collie puppys ?

i have bought a new border collie puppy and i was wondering what type of food is best for it ?there are many types but what would be best?

i have bought a new border collie puppy and i was wondering what type of food is best for it ?there are many types but what would be best?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What type of food is best suited for border collie puppys ?...

• What type of food is best suited for border collie puppys ?

What type of food is best suited for border collie puppys ? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have bought a new border collie puppy and i was wondering what type of food is best for it ?there are many types but what would be best?

What type of food is best suited for border collie puppys ? Dog Breed Discussions
    • That all depends on what you are going to do with the puppy.Working dog or House pet?Working DogI feed my working rottie this.the video says it all.http://leerburg.com/honestkitchen.htmHouse PetI would go to any pet store and just buy any brand puppy chow because why waste all that money on expensive food when your dog will do just fine with regular puppy chow.

• first you should keep her on the food she was fed prior to you getting her.. then gradually switch over to something betterNONE of the foods at grocery stores are good..MOST at big box stores are also not goodhttp://www.gomestic.com/Pets/What-is-in-Your-Dogs-Food.77020read the link - print it off - take it with you - its easy to read and understand and VERY helpfulI shop at my livestock feed store... some groomers or smaller pet stores sell good foods...IF she is going to be used for herding she needs a formula for ACTIVE BREEDS.. when asking these type of questions - people really need to know what county you live in so they know what food is available to youNOT - Iams, NOT Science Diet, NOT Royal Canin

• here is my short list of good dog food brands, and most have a puppy formula. solid gold { what i feed my dogs } , wellness { wellness core is their top food }, Newman's own , canidae , taste of the wild , innova { innova evo is their best food } , blue buffalo , California naturals , natural balance , artemis , and avoderm . make sure you read the label on the food and compare it to the...bad foods / and or companies to see the difference . bad foods / companies : purina, alpo, ol-roy, iams, eukanuba, and science diet . these companies use a lot of ground up corn in their foods along with this junk : science diet...ground up peanut hulls...not what i want my dog eating. kibbles-n-bits...sugar / corn syrup ..yeah, dogs love it..and they bounce off the walls after eating it too !!! it is like feeding your dog a bowl of ..TWINKIES .. everyday !!! other bad things in these foods are : wheat gluten { remember the recall of dog food last year } , by-products , soy , and rendered animal parts..yeah it is as bad as it sounds !!! beaks, feathers, hooves, eyeballs, skin / fur, and...dead animals like roadkill and EUTHANIZED animals from farms, shelters, and vet offices !!! please find a good food from the list, and compare it to the junk i mentioned..you will see the difference . good luck.