What should I do with 2 week old puppies?

My dog had puppies two weeks ago and she got ran over yesterday; now I am left with all nine of her beautiful puppies. I have no idea what to do with thm; I have been feeding them puppies milk but it is so hard to feed 9 puppies. Should I take them to…

My dog had puppies two weeks ago and she got ran over yesterday; now I am left with all nine of her beautiful puppies. I have no idea what to do with thm; I have been feeding them puppies milk but it is so hard to feed 9 puppies. Should I take them to…...
    General Dog Discussions : What should I do with 2 week old puppies?...

• What should I do with 2 week old puppies?

What should I do with 2 week old puppies? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had puppies two weeks ago and she got ran over yesterday; now I am left with all nine of her beautiful puppies. I have no idea what to do with thm; I have been feeding them puppies milk but it is so hard to feed 9 puppies. Should I take them to a rescue group or what?

What should I do with 2 week old puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • no dont you dareok you have to feed em milk a ffew times a day by handdont give em away till there at least 4 months oldso they can socializethen have them fixedgive them to close friends realtives and neighborseducate them aboutt the breed

• I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother dog. See if you can find help, do you have older neighborhood kids that could come over in shifts to help you? I'm sure it's a huge job as I nursed one baby raccoon and that was really tiring without nursing nine of them. If you can't find help close by, then give them to a rescue group to foster parent.

• you call your vet. they can tell you how to best care for the puppies so that they grow strong and healthy. try to find someone who can help you take care of them, since I'm sure it's a big job.

• Call your vet immediately! They should recommend a good rescue option that will help. These puppies need their mother (or a surrogate) for at least the next 3-4 weeks or they won't make it. They feed WAY MORE than you can handle trying to bottle them individually

• Wow that is terrible.I would not take them to a shelter. I would just do the best you can to feed them puppies milk. Call your local vet and ask them if they have any suggestions......

• Buy puppy formula at the vets and feed every two hours except give yourself 8 hours of sleep. If not call and ask the vet if they know someone who will take the puppies and care for them and own them afterward.

• the pups should be fed every 2 hours they also need to be stimulated to make them potty. at 4 weeks you can start to wean them onto food. if you can't handle it see if you can find some organization that can Foster the pups until ready to go to new homes.you can check with a rescue or your vet.

• I am so sorry for your loss. Those poor puppies, and poor you trying to feed them all. I would contact a rescue group and ask if they would be willing to take on 7 of them and then keep the other 2 myself. It won't be easy but I think you can handle 2 of them but not all 9!I wish you and the puppies well.

• awww Im so sorry to hear that about the mom. I would sell them and maybe keep one or two of them.or you could either take them to a pet shop or take them to an adoption agency. and if you don't want to sell them give them away. im sure there would be people who would want cute puppies :)

• If caring for them so they will survive is beyond your ability right now, then yes, do take them to a shelter for help. They might be willing to help with their care until they're old enough for adoption, especially if you offered to help find families for the puppies. You could curry favour by offering to subsidize their care, feeding... and bring blankets/towels for their bedding.