How to deal with neighbors feeding your dog peacefully?

My neighbors (who happen to be my cousins) feed my puppy thus making her think that's where she lives. I can tell because she stares at the gate all day and when someone DOES open it, she shoots out like a bullet. How do I get them to stop? And yes my…

My neighbors (who happen to be my cousins) feed my puppy thus making her think that's where she lives. I can tell because she stares at the gate all day and when someone DOES open it, she shoots out like a bullet. How do I get them to stop? And yes my…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to deal with neighbors feeding your dog peacefully?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to deal with neighbors feeding your dog peacefully?

How to deal with neighbors feeding your dog peacefully? General Dog Discussions
      My neighbors (who happen to be my cousins) feed my puppy thus making her think that's where she lives. I can tell because she stares at the gate all day and when someone DOES open it, she shoots out like a bullet. How do I get them to stop? And yes my dog is fed 1 1/2 cups a day which is good to make her full but keep her slender. Help?!

How to deal with neighbors feeding your dog peacefully? General Dog Discussions
    • Kindly ask them stop let them know if they don't you will dis own them j/k ask them to stop because it is upsetting the dogs diet and she will lose the taste for dog food and may start relying on human food as her regular food diet

• Stop LEAVING her outside... where they can interact with, or feed/BRIBE your dog, if asking them to STOP doesn't work. She will get overweight if fed more than she needs, which can lead to joint problems, diabetes & obesity. More than 50% of ALL pets are overweight.Trying doing more things WITH your dog: go for a walk, do retrieving, take an obedience class, etc.

• Feed her less because she gets food over there and likes going there. Or arrange to feed her what they feed her, since she likes it better. And set up a yard, gate where she can't get over there. Like in the back yard. Advise them to get their own dog and offer to go with them to help pick one just like yours. Then your dog will have an extra friend.

• Tell them that you don't want your dog becoming overweight and hence unhealthy and hence if they could kindly stop feeding her. Tell them you want your dog to live a long, healthy life because you want to have her for as long as possible, and inform them of what horrible things can happen to a dog that is overweight. Perhaps tell them that the vet told you to tell them to stop feeding her; a little white lie can't hurt in a situation like this. Its your dog, and if they don't respect that, its your right to tell them off.