What type of mental games could I play with my border collie?

I have a Border Collie puppy. Everything is going great, but I keep hearing that you have to keep them mentally stimulated. I am wondering what types of things might give him mental stimulation.

I have a Border Collie puppy. Everything is going great, but I keep hearing that you have to keep them mentally stimulated. I am wondering what types of things might give him mental stimulation....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What type of mental games could I play with my border collie?...

• What type of mental games could I play with my border collie?

What type of mental games could I play with my border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a Border Collie puppy. Everything is going great, but I keep hearing that you have to keep them mentally stimulated. I am wondering what types of things might give him mental stimulation.

What type of mental games could I play with my border collie? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Hide treats/toys and teach a "Find it" command.Get a book on tricks, and teach a new one every week.Go for walks, but practice sit/down/stays, with increasing diversions, etc.Basically, don;t get stuck in a routine with your dog!

• Jobs like Agility and Obedience are great. You work as a team and get a workout, especially Agility. You can teach him to identify his toys and training, which is what I'm doing right now with my dog.

• Just teach him as many tricks and commands as you can- I've heard of a few pet collies who knew a couple of hundred tricks. Try making up more complicated ones, like asking the dog to get a bottle of water from the fridge and close it after him, or giving more than one command in sequence (eg go up the stairs and sit). You could think of stuff that would be useful to you, as they generally like being useful, and you could teach him to fetch different named objects (eg fetch a pen, fetch a tissue).