Bowel obstruction in Dogs, how much time before death?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the frame of time a small dog had before death if it were suffering from a bowel obstruction? My dog is 8 months old and has an illness associated with dizziness and nausea so cannot hold down solid food. So 3 days…

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the frame of time a small dog had before death if it were suffering from a bowel obstruction? My dog is 8 months old and has an illness associated with dizziness and nausea so cannot hold down solid food. So 3 days…...
    General Dog Discussions : Bowel obstruction in Dogs, how much time before death?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bowel obstruction in Dogs, how much time before death?

Bowel obstruction in Dogs, how much time before death? General Dog Discussions
      Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the frame of time a small dog had before death if it were suffering from a bowel obstruction? My dog is 8 months old and has an illness associated with dizziness and nausea so cannot hold down solid food. So 3 days ago the vet prescribed puppy milk and some liquid food. But the problem is my dog has not pooped since Thursday night. Today is Sunday. Could constipation be a result of the food?

Bowel obstruction in Dogs, how much time before death? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes!!! Constipation could be deadly of you don't take her to vet!! Constipation causes a build-up of deadly toxins.Please take her to the VET or an EMERGENCY VET NOW so they can force it out!If you don't take her, thats cruelty for making her go through pain and not providing medical attentionPoor diet is probably the main cause of canine constipation. Most dry kibble contains everything a dog needs related to nutrition; but some lower priced dog foods may use low quality ingredients and this can have an adverse affect on your dog’s digestive system. Feeding your dog too many table scraps is another way of ruining their diet and throwing their digestive system out of whack. Though it may seem like you’re being nice to your pet by sharing treats, the canine tummy really isn’t designed to eat French-fries, tacos, or even filet mignon. Dogs can be constipated just like you from eating the wrong kinds of food, or even too many otherwise healthful snacks.Some dogs also love to chew and swallow pebbles, clumps of grass and other strange items. Needless to say, these garden-variety delectables are potential bowel blockers by default, but can also lead to other serious health issues:

• Call your vet and let them know your dog has had no bowel movements. This could be a sign of something else and you dont want to put it off any longer. Best of luck to you and you dog!

• Both those foods could cause issues. Dogs are acutally lactose intollerant to a certain extent, and shouldn't be given milk after they have been wheened. I am not a vet, but I could understand how your puppy could have some stomach problems if you changed it's food suddenly without a transition period. If your dog hasn't gone to the bathroom at all I would talk to your vet. As long as your dog shows an interest in food and water I don't think there is an obstruction. The signs of obstruction are vomiting, no pooping, no interest in food or water, and signs of pain. I would call your vet, and ask. This is my best answer. I hope it helps.