I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.?

she keeps licking it. Should I remove it so she can concentrate on trying to push out more pups which I dont know if she even has any more, but shes as big as a house? How long in between puppies?

I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.?

she keeps licking it. Should I remove it so she can concentrate on trying to push out more pups which I dont know if she even has any more, but shes as big as a house? How long in between puppies?...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.?...

• I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.?

I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.? General Dog Discussions
      she keeps licking it. Should I remove it so she can concentrate on trying to push out more pups which I dont know if she even has any more, but shes as big as a house? How long in between puppies?

I have a min pin that just had one puppy about 20 minutes ago and it was stillborn.? General Dog Discussions
    • Remove the puppy, wrap it up in a towel and give it a proper burial.Our 6 year old cat had 5 kittens, one stillborn about a year ago.Also, it can be up to two days between puppies. Same thing with cats. Our cat had the first, then one day later (bit over 24 hours) the other 4 came.AND GET IT FIXED AUUUGH There are ENOUGH dogs in shelters!

• 1 hour between puppies or an emergency trip to the vet.When you know nothing about whelping you take the dog to the vet at the first sign of labour and the vet will supervise the whelping. Tiny breeds often need a C section. Do you know the size of the sire? If the sire was a larger dog the pups are probably too big for her to whelp naturally.Did you try to revive the pup and do you know how to do that? After 20 minutes it would be too late. Do you know how to clear the pups nose and mouth of mucus so it can take a breath? Do you know how to swing a pup? Your dog was licking the pup to revive it but often only human intervention can revive a pup.Take no notice of the person who said it can be two days between pups. Anyone who failed to get vet attention for their animal and alllowed it to labour until it's exhausted and can no longer push should be charged with animal cruelty. If this dog has not whelped another pup within an hour, get in the car and take it to a vet. She probably needs a C section. To do nothing is taking a risk of your dog dying.These are the perils of back yard breeding pet dogs...they die.