Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering?

what could cause it, how to treat it, and how harmful they can be? I know i should go to the vet but i was just worried and wondering are worms so harmful to possibly kill my dog?

Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering?

what could cause it, how to treat it, and how harmful they can be? I know i should go to the vet but i was just worried and wondering are worms so harmful to possibly kill my dog?...
    General Dog Discussions : Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering?...

• Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering?

Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering? General Dog Discussions
      what could cause it, how to treat it, and how harmful they can be? I know i should go to the vet but i was just worried and wondering are worms so harmful to possibly kill my dog?

Okay so i have this baby toy dodson... and i just found little maggot like worms in his poop. I was wondering? General Dog Discussions
    • Long term worms can be fatal. They can also get worms just like people. Yes, you need to get you puppy to the vet ASAP. I do not know of any over the counter meds you can use.

• First of all there is no such thing as a "toy dodson". If you mean DACHSHUND then there still is no "TOY". Learn your breed. The worms are probably tape worms or round worms. It's caused by him eating infected poop or his mother had them when he was born and he got them from her. They aren't to dangerous but can take nutrients from the pup and cause him to lose weight. You should go to the vet and get him dewormed if you can't find "pyrantel dewormer" at a local farm supply store. Or a generic puppy dewormer from wal mart or a pet store. They could kill your pup if left untreated.

• Depends on the type of worm. Yes, certain types of worms can be very harmful to your dog, and could possibly kill him if not treated asap. Please take your dog into the vet.

• Ok, there is no such thing as an animal called a "dodson". Please purchase a good, recently published book on the breed "dachsund" and read it twice, because teacup dogs are never completely healthy and you'll need all the knowledge you can get.Depending on what worms they are, yes they can harm him, and they can potentially kill him. You should be seeing a vet regularly during the first year of any puppy's life anyway. He needs all of his vaccination series, weighing and wellness checks.In case you were not aware of this (I really hope you weren't when you purchased this animal), a teacup is NOT a breed of dog. The AKC doesn't recognize them as a type of dog, because they are just poorly bred dogs. The breeding of them is inhumane and breeders who do this should be shut down for cruelty to animals. In the future, please do not support ANY breeder who breeds "teacup" dogs, because you aren't doing the dogs any favors by paying this person for doing such a horrible thing to innocent animals.Teacup dogs have really short lifespans, horrible problems, and are more often than not miserable for most of their short lives. They aren't healthy animals! Please warn anyone else you know who wants a teacup that it's an irresponsible decision that can cost LOTS of money in vet bills!As for the worms, take a recent sample of the feces in a baggie and bring it to your vet asap.Good luck, I hope he's ok soon.

• If they are maggots, they could have gotten there after and not have been inside the dog. Flies lay eggs in dead meat or poop, and then they hatch into maggots. Take a sample to your vet to be sure.

• Yes, they can eventually kill your puppy. Take a stool sample to the vet, he will give you the proper medication for the type of worms he has. Do NOT use OTC medication for worming. There are different kinds of worms, only a vet can diagnose the type and treatment.

• Alot of puppy have worms its not that big of a deal. Go to the vet. They will give u a vaccine. The vaccine will flush out the worms( dont be alarmed if you see then in the puppy's stool It is just flushing them out). But yes they can be very harmful if not treaded. I believe you will need " heart Guard" but am not sure of the name.