Do animals suffer pain and fear of dying?Also fish and birds. Do they?

I'm an animal lover and have raised puppies, cockatiels, budgies and had a Beta Fish that died in the past few years. 2 puppies died and they cried in pain. The birds showed suffering when they died. Even new hatched baby birds that I tried to rescue…

I'm an animal lover and have raised puppies, cockatiels, budgies and had a Beta Fish that died in the past few years. 2 puppies died and they cried in pain. The birds showed suffering when they died. Even new hatched baby birds that I tried to rescue…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do animals suffer pain and fear of dying?Also fish and birds. Do they?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do animals suffer pain and fear of dying?Also fish and birds. Do they?

Do animals suffer pain and fear of dying?Also fish and birds. Do they? General Dog Discussions
      I'm an animal lover and have raised puppies, cockatiels, budgies and had a Beta Fish that died in the past few years. 2 puppies died and they cried in pain. The birds showed suffering when they died. Even new hatched baby birds that I tried to rescue acted like they didn't want to die or cried in pain when hurt. I asked my vet but he said the dog that seemed to be in pain was just coming out of surgery, being nutered, and was druggy. I'm a Christian and know people have a soul but do all God's creatures feel pain and suffering like people do? I wonder?

Do animals suffer pain and fear of dying?Also fish and birds. Do they? General Dog Discussions
    • i thnk the animals with human like personalities do...but fish...i think they dont really care...if they die...they die...but birds do...my bird sounded like it was crying in pain before it died a couple of minutes after

• I think they do too. I'm an animal lover as well and I always feel so bad when I see a hurt or dead animal and wish there was something I could do for them. I even drive slow in neighborhoods to watch out for darting animals.

• biologically, all animals has a full functional nervous system. they are capable of fear and pain. that is why they would run away from danger. it is strange for people to think otherwise.

• Yes and yes. Why wouldn't animals feel the same suffering. We are made of the same stuff. We are all God's creatures. Animals are no less important than humans. Religions, over the years are changed to suit what is considered acceptable culturally. Just track the history of christianity and see how and when things changed in the bible etc. I believe in a God, but not so much the christian bible.

• Two things that I do know.Pet owners feel the pain and fear the dying of their beloved animals.Pets feel empathy for us when we are in a bad mood or in pain and probably when we die.

• when I beat a dog on the road it cries...that means its paining....but thick skinned animals don't cry unless we pierce the skin with something sharp. Generally I think animals suffer pain

• All animals, including fish, have souls as we do. They feel pain as we do. They have senses as we do.Sometimes when I hear of animal cruelty I think animals have more empathy than humans do.

• All of God's living creations are part of God and have a form of a soul. They have feelings but things like plants are limited and do not feel as we think of feeling. Your pets and animals of the field get frightened and feel pain and fear of injury. It is called survival of the fit. Those who are fit in the wild survive. Those who are not get eaten. Study animals and see how they express fear and pain. They are different because they are not born with God's spirit and soul like we have, but they do have a soul. They are not born as Intelligent as humans are, but some like the Whales are close in some ways to humans. You will hear animals cry when they are hurt or afraid. Animals are not for us to hurt but to care for and Love. It is only because of the hardening of our hearts that we hurt and kill them to eat. We can survive on plants and fruit. I did it for 7 years. Rev. TomCat

• Of course, every animals feel pain and have fear of dying. If they didn't have any fear of death, they would never care if you try to hurt them or something. We may be the best of God's creation, but we are still animals too. Every animal feels the pain when they get attacked and they try to escape or counter in fear that they might not live. The same also goes for plants. Just put it simply, "If it has life, it feels and if it doesn't have life, it doesn't feel." Do you know why we feel pain? That's because the body warns us that it is damaged and what caused the pain should not be repeated. The amount of pain you feel generally refers to the amount of damage done to the body. If we didn't feel pain, we would never know how serious an injury is, which would ultimately cause to major problems if prompt action are not taken. Animal bodies are also exactly the same.

• In the past I never lived in a house that didn't have a fish, bird and dogs. I had an Oscar fish that I would hand feed so that I would not have any extra in the tank that would poison the water if left in tank. The fish taught me when it was time to feed by making a point of making eye contact. I did not teach the fish any thing. the fish taught me. Listen to the silence. I have canaries, they to can tell me when it is time to freshen the water or fill fruit dish or seed cups. The male will trill, until I tell him that I will move after my coffee, The female will also tell me to move it if some thing is missing by repeating a chirp that is as annoying as the male trill. I can also tell them to sing by whistling softly to them,any time of year. The cockatiels that I had would tell me when it was time for food, games like getting out and were able to let me know when it was time for the nesting box by getting very excited about a vent hole in my mantel. They also knew that I could make them better. A reoccurring problem fixed with a cold tea bag and polyspoin. See the communication. With the dogs that I had it is hard to relate to you how well they could communicate. Just eye contact and a glance at the floor and the dogs would get off the couch( dad would be home soon) , another glance and permission was given to cross the street.You can learn a lot if you can see though the silence. They would come to me in the night and sit in silence until I got the message and turned on the light. There was my friend looking at me asking for help. He had told me that he hurt and knew that I could fix it. Half an hour after giving him an aspirin he would return to his position of guardian of his people at the top of the stairs he would put his head down. At Christmas he would guard the tree for he knew there was some thing there for him. The dogs would always make the appropriate amount of fuss and bother depending on how serious the problem. Dogs are a better judge of people than most of us and if my dogs didn't like you neither did I. Dogs can't talk but can we hear? On the worst day I had keys is hand and made eye contact with my best bud. The other dogs didn't ask to come but my friend did as best he could.We all knew that I would come home alone. So did my friend. The bouncing puppy was no more. The one that had always trusted me was trusting me one last time to help make it stop. No hug or cookie or even an aspirin would help this time. With clear eyes full of love he left us, all that talk and not a word said. If they can feel our pain how can you bought that they can't feel their own. A kindred spirit they are and any one doubting it has no soul.