What need to know before breeding border collies?

My friend and I have been raised around dogs and after I got my first border collie we would like to breed border collies. We have raised litters and know how it all works but any tips or hints to do with border collies and breeding them would be helpful.

My friend and I have been raised around dogs and after I got my first border collie we would like to breed border collies. We have raised litters and know how it all works but any tips or hints to do with border collies and breeding them would be helpful....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What need to know before breeding border collies?...

• What need to know before breeding border collies?

What need to know before breeding border collies? Dog Breed Discussions
      My friend and I have been raised around dogs and after I got my first border collie we would like to breed border collies. We have raised litters and know how it all works but any tips or hints to do with border collies and breeding them would be helpful.

What need to know before breeding border collies? Dog Breed Discussions
    • http://www.akc.org/breeds/border_collie/Go to this link! It has everything you need to know about Border Collies! Make sure the dog and bitch you breed are both purebred, great specimens of their breed, registered with the AKC, had all their tests done, have good temperaments, and good companions. All this should add up to about $$$$10,000, so be prepared to pay the cost. It's even more if there's a comlicated pregnancy like if the bitch needs a C-section done. Also, the pups need shots and wormings when they're born and need to be registered with the AKC. Make sure to get a license that says you're a reputable breeder. DON'T be a BYB!! Do all you're research on these dogs before you breed them!!

• You will need lots and lots of money for health testing, first. You will also need to show her or compete her in agility and win some titles. Also make sure she is of a very good temperament. Get a breeding mentor to make sure you are going about it the right way. But there are plenty of breeders for border collies already. I would say spay her and love her like the pet she is.

• why on earth do you want to breed when the world is full of dogs and puppies being euthanized at an alarming rate?, if you love this breed foster, but dont bring more puppies into the world just to make a buck

• 1. Unless they have proven working temperament (either through acutally working livestock or competing in trials) don't bother. The working drive of most herding dogs is shot because people keep breeding their pets. Anyone who loves BCs and cares about the breed is concerned about the working drive.2. make sure you get all the proper OFA certifications as recommended by the National Breed Club. Only grubby backyard breeders don't do genetic screenings.3. Make sure the stud has the same qualifications and health screenings.4. Put all non-working, non-show puppies on mandatory spay/neuter contracts and give them limited registration papers. This discourages MORE backyard breeding of inferior quality dogs.