My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ?

Its a male , pitbull and hes about 7 weeks , hes the runt . . . not really big . He is usually friendly , not so playful but he would play here and there , now all of a sudden he wont eat and drink , i finally got him to drink some water , but he's still…

My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ?

Its a male , pitbull and hes about 7 weeks , hes the runt . . . not really big . He is usually friendly , not so playful but he would play here and there , now all of a sudden he wont eat and drink , i finally got him to drink some water , but he's still…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ?

My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ? General Dog Discussions
      Its a male , pitbull and hes about 7 weeks , hes the runt . . . not really big . He is usually friendly , not so playful but he would play here and there , now all of a sudden he wont eat and drink , i finally got him to drink some water , but he's still not eating and then i walked into the kitchen and smelled death , and he was throwing up blood in the kitchen ! I cannot afford vet right now , unfortunately :/ i'm only 15 and my parents didnt give me permission to have him anyways , so they aren't so worried about him ( as of now he is in my bath tub with 3 warm blankets i just took out of the dryer and he has a bowl of water and a bowl of food , hes in the tub so if her throws up again , it will be easier for clean up , someone please tell me how to help him :/ )

My dog is throwing up blood , will drink water but wont eat any food , what should i do ? General Dog Discussions
    • There could be several reasons he may be vomiting blood.I'm not going to make any suggestions about what it may be, unfortunately, there's no way to honestly know unless you get him to a vet. If you can't get him to a vet and you can't afford it, maybe you should consider taking him to an animal shelter and giving him up.That sounds really harsh but that's life. be responsible and make a decision.

• When any dog starts producing blood, from either end, you need a vet. And even more so with a puppy of only 7 weeks. What on earth are you doing putting this poor baby in the tub - as if he needs the stress of all that coupled with whatever is going on with him. Putting him there to stop him making a mess elsewhere is just ridiculous.If you/your family can't get him the veterinary treatment he needs (bearing in mind he probably has Parvo and without treatment will die anyway), either take him back to where he came from, or sign him into your local Shelter where hopefully he'll be treated.ps When your parents say NO, they mean no. And your puppy is now suffering from you taking him in, regardless. Give me strength.

• You should either get the dog to the vet or find another person with the means to care for him. You need to do what's best for the puppy instead of what's best for you. Too bad you did not work with your parents on this. Is this pup vaccinated against parvovirus? If this is parvo you are going to start learning a very important lesson as to why pups need to be properly vaccinated.

• If your dog is vomiting blood, it is a potentially serious medical condition that requires immediate medical attention. The sooner you seek veterinary care, the sooner your veterinarian can identify and treat the cause.

• he needs fluids but NOT BY MOUTH. in order for the pup to have a chance at life he needs fluids under the skin and this means plastic tubing.. he will die SOONER if you continue giving him water by mouth because he will keep on vomiting and lose more vital fluids.... this is why you or your family must contact a vet.

• Good lord!!This dog is throwing up blood as he is bleeding internally. If you can't get this poor little pup to a vet, take him quickly to a rescue so their vet can care for him. You will have to sign him over. WHY mand HOW did you get one so young? Why did you get a pup when your parents didn't know? Puppies are all cute and wonderful to be around but if you can't afford the care a dog requires, you should have left him with his mom. Dog needs a vet NOW!!!!!!! Don't allow it to suffer!!!

• your dog needs attention from probally a vet I hope it is not parvo for every minute that's wasted not seeing a vet becomes critical sounds like you are conscientious does the dog have a temperature? is the nose dry or wet list symptoms with an online vet be sure to pray first good luck to you and your dog how many times has the dog thrown up? do you recognize the throw up as something he ate?

• Sorry- if your 7 week old puppy is throwing up blood he needs a vet. If you don't take him to the vet that is ILLEGAL as it's animal cruelty. Sell some of your gadgets, get a cab and take him to the vet. He likely has parvo which is deadly. Hopefully you will not ever bring home another pet without clearing it with the people who PAY THE BILLS. Your only other alternative is to call animal control or your local shelter, tell them your tale and have them come take the puppy.

• First of all, this puppy is too young to have been taken away from his mom and siblings. Why did you get this puppy in the first place if you can't afford a vet and your parents did not want him or give you permission to have him? This puppy needs a vet NOW or you can start digging a hole in your backyard to bury him in, because without a vet the poor puppy will die for sure and may still die, because you waited too long to get him medical attention. What is this puppy doing in a bathtub? He doesn't belong in there. What your parents are doing is Against The Law and Animal Abuse Neglect. If someone see's this puppy in this condition, that is if he lives long enough and they call and report your parents, your parents can be Arrested and put in Jail for Animal Abuse, Cruelty and Neglect. Tell your parents to take the puppy to any Veterinarians office NOW, Emergency Vets are open 24 hours, (it doesn't matter which vet and that it the very least your parents can do for this puppy) and SURRENDER him to the vet. The vet will do whatever he or she can to help him and if they can't help him, they will Humanely Euthanize him, so he won't have to suffer in pain anymore. You don't have much time, if he is throwing up blood before he dies and it sounds like he is very close to death. Shame on you for bringing this puppy home, when your parents never gave you permission to have a puppy and for not being able to properly care for the puppy by providing him with vet care. You better get moving and get this puppy to the vet and surrender him. It's the one and only chance he has. You only have yourself to blame if this puppy dies.