Pit bull had one puppy and it died! Stupid owner won't do anything?

I live with a roommates and my boyfriend. My roommate breeded his dog a few months ago and two days ago started showing sighns of labor but my roommate didnt even notice untill my brother in law told him something! My brother in law made her a whelping…

I live with a roommates and my boyfriend. My roommate breeded his dog a few months ago and two days ago started showing sighns of labor but my roommate didnt even notice untill my brother in law told him something! My brother in law made her a whelping…...
    General Dog Discussions : Pit bull had one puppy and it died! Stupid owner won't do anything?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pit bull had one puppy and it died! Stupid owner won't do anything?

Pit bull had one puppy and it died! Stupid owner won't do anything? General Dog Discussions
      I live with a roommates and my boyfriend. My roommate breeded his dog a few months ago and two days ago started showing sighns of labor but my roommate didnt even notice untill my brother in law told him something! My brother in law made her a whelping box and told him to leave her in there while she gives birth and check on her ever twenty min or so as pits do better when left alone. This morning I went to check on the dog and she wasn't there and no one was home. I looked for her and found that she had given birth to one puppy outside in the dirt under all kinds of junk! I was pissed because the puppy was dead. I didn't try to grab it because I am pregnant and I didn't want the mom to attack me. My brother in law came and took the dog and pup inside. Finally the guy came a few hour later but he didn't do anything!! He left the dog ther gave her water and food but that's it.. Now hours later she is still in the box with her little dead puppy! I keep asking shouldnt she go to a vet or emergency! And that puppy is just rotting in front of her! She looks so depressed but they keep telling me that it's his dog I can't do anything and I said well can't we call someone on him. But I was told to stop because we are living here and it's his dog.. I feel bad but it's true we can't get kicked out right now..all I can do is keep going in there I talk to her and tell her I'm so sorry momma :( I feel awful and my hormones are making me more emotionalCan he get in trouble for this???

Pit bull had one puppy and it died! Stupid owner won't do anything? General Dog Discussions
    • Call Humane Society and report him, you do not have to give your name, just tell them, animal cruelty, he will not know.You just can deny calling them.The dog needs to be taken away from the idiot.

• You can report the man for neglect and cruelty to animals. The roommate knew full well his female dog was intact, he BRED her. The man also knew the out come of breeding that the female would get pregnant and the outcome would be puppies. Please report the incident to your nearest Animal Control or Animal Agency and hope for the best outcome. This is really sad and tragic and it's an all too often occurrence. The dog shouldn't be left outside to birth a pup in all kinds of crap and junk and debris. If the female only had one puppy, it's likely she has more inside her that have died. It is common for young mothers to have birth complications. 1 puppy is not common it's likely there's more then one.Call Animal Control. This situation is ABSOLUTELY sickening!

• Call animal control. This is neglect and cruelty. Not taking the dog to the vet when she clearly should go. The puppy died in his custody. The mother dog could die as well. If animal control knows about this, he will be charged with animal cruelty.