Sick dog won't eat after eating chocolate help?

My 13 week old puppy got into chocolate. Ever since she won't eat and has been vomiting and has diaherra have given her medicine that restores electrolytes and given her Pepto bismol. She drinks water but throws everything back up. Somewhat dehydrated…

My 13 week old puppy got into chocolate. Ever since she won't eat and has been vomiting and has diaherra have given her medicine that restores electrolytes and given her Pepto bismol. She drinks water but throws everything back up. Somewhat dehydrated…...
    General Dog Discussions : Sick dog won't eat after eating chocolate help?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sick dog won't eat after eating chocolate help?

Sick dog won't eat after eating chocolate help? General Dog Discussions
      My 13 week old puppy got into chocolate. Ever since she won't eat and has been vomiting and has diaherra have given her medicine that restores electrolytes and given her Pepto bismol. She drinks water but throws everything back up. Somewhat dehydrated and I can't afford the vet. She's skin and bones at this point and she's doing better on medicine and drinking but what can I feed get so she doesn't die?? ASAP answers please

Sick dog won't eat after eating chocolate help? General Dog Discussions
    • From these symptoms, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS DOG TO A VET. She'll die if you don't. Chocolate poisoning in dogs is VERY VERY SERIOUS and if you don't get her help, it's likely she'll die. This isn't something you can fix at home, and if you can't afford it, maybe surrender her to the vet or something? You've just got to get her help.

• feed her rice. it is very easy on her stomach. you will not want to keep her on rice for very long, because there is not much nutritional value, but it will be very easy for her to digest while her system is resetting.

• She got into what kind of chocolate? She ate how much? You really need to listen to the other people here and take her in to the vet as she may have worms or parvo, something entirely unrelated to her bout with the chocolate. If you can not do so call the animal shelter and ask to give her to them.

• You need to take her to the vet. I'm not trying to be rude but if you can't afford a vet you need to give her to someone who can. You may love your puppy but you also need to be able to take good care of it. If you try to take care of things on your own you might end up making her suffer even more. Please get her to a vet!

• How much chocolate did she eat? If it wasn't very much then dont worry about taking her to the vet. Chocolate is poison for dogs so of course she would have a stomach ache. Boil some chicken and rice and try feeding it to her so that it helps her digestion. Boiled chicken and rice are good for a dogs stomach when they are sick. Dont be too worried because of all the people telling you your dog will die if you dont take her to the vet. Good luck