How much do border collies at breeders cost?

I wanted a dog that was easy to train, sheds an average amount and is playful and found it! Now i need to know how much they cost at reputable breeders for a pet quality border collie.

I wanted a dog that was easy to train, sheds an average amount and is playful and found it! Now i need to know how much they cost at reputable breeders for a pet quality border collie....
    Dog Breed Discussions : How much do border collies at breeders cost?...

• How much do border collies at breeders cost?

How much do border collies at breeders cost? Dog Breed Discussions
      I wanted a dog that was easy to train, sheds an average amount and is playful and found it! Now i need to know how much they cost at reputable breeders for a pet quality border collie.

How much do border collies at breeders cost? Dog Breed Discussions
    • with a border collie you need to make sure it gets lots of exercise or it will become board and chew on everything those are hearding dogs and need to be worked, also for the price i would expect them to be 1800+ from a reputable breeder

• You've also found a dog that needs a ton of exercise (3+miles of RUNNING per day) and a dog that will absolutely destroy your house if not properly mentally and physically exercised. Oh and also a dog that will pretty much "lose his/her marbles" if they are not exercised properly and not given a "job" such as herding, agility, flyball, disc, dock dogs etc.As for cost, a good breeder can range from $600-$1000+

• Border collies are waaaaaay more than just cute, highly trainable dogs. They require an EXCESSIVE amount of exercise and mental stimulation or, as someone said, they WILL go nuts. I would encourage you to seek out a shelter dog possibly a border and lab mix. Less expenseive and perhaps it will dilute the intensity of the border collie.

• You do understand that border collies were bred to run fifty miles a day after sheep, and they are as smart as 12-yr-old humans.If you can't beat that intelligence + energy level, don't even consider a border collie.If you work full-time, forget it. You don't have time to take care of one properly.Lots of other breeds fit your parameters and are less challenging to keep: Papillons, Shetland Sheepdogs, Collies, Welsh Springer Spaniels...

• one if you live in a neighborhood or a apartment DON'T GET IT! and if you have young children it might nip at it because of its nature. you NEED an open area to roam mine coast $500 but her dad was a 20000 dollar border collie so it all depends. My dog is very loving to so make sure you have a lot of time because they'll want to fight play and herd animals. and if you don't know what that is you are not ready to get a BC sooo i'm sure you'll do fine and the price depends on its breeding line =)