How far apart must Lyme shots be for puppies?

My vet gave the first Lyme at 12 weeks. Then said second needed to be in 3 weeks, but he booked it for 4 weeks away. Is this alright?Thanks for the quick response. I tried that before coming on here. I haven't been able to get an answer by phone or email…

My vet gave the first Lyme at 12 weeks. Then said second needed to be in 3 weeks, but he booked it for 4 weeks away. Is this alright?Thanks for the quick response. I tried that before coming on here. I haven't been able to get an answer by phone or email…...
    General Dog Discussions : How far apart must Lyme shots be for puppies?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How far apart must Lyme shots be for puppies?

How far apart must Lyme shots be for puppies? General Dog Discussions
      My vet gave the first Lyme at 12 weeks. Then said second needed to be in 3 weeks, but he booked it for 4 weeks away. Is this alright?Thanks for the quick response. I tried that before coming on here. I haven't been able to get an answer by phone or email from their office. I know they are busy, but it worries me, too. I am hoping a vet or tech will pop on here and advice me a little.

How far apart must Lyme shots be for puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, this is fine. If you choose to vaccinate for Lyme, be sure to read into the vaccine. It's controversial whether or not it's successful. I live in New England, Lyme is very common and I have Lyme myself, but I do not vaccinate my dog for it. Why? Because, for example, in the exactly 50 cases of Lyme Disease in dogs I saw during my schooling and specializing in infectious disease - only 9 of those dogs weren't vaccinated. That means that at least 80% of dogs I saw with active Lyme disease had been vaccinated. Just something to consider. I'm not saying don't vaccinate your dog for it. I'm saying if you live in a high risk area, don't be too surprise if your dog still contracts Lyme Disease.

• Please do not be hoping for veterinary advice on here, this is not a medical forum.This forum is 90% full of little kids & they'd tell you whatever you wish to hear just to receive a best answer.Your vet knows you & your dogs.... NO one here does, consult with your vet or if you cannot reach them... call another 1 in your area.