How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..?

My aunt's dog gave birth to a puppy around 12 pm today..They are expecting more..Up to how long can it take for the dog to give birth to another?..I'm not sure what kind of dog it is..Or if that even matters..But it's a very small dog who's giving birth…

How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..?

My aunt's dog gave birth to a puppy around 12 pm today..They are expecting more..Up to how long can it take for the dog to give birth to another?..I'm not sure what kind of dog it is..Or if that even matters..But it's a very small dog who's giving birth…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..?...

• How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..?

How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..? General Dog Discussions
      My aunt's dog gave birth to a puppy around 12 pm today..They are expecting more..Up to how long can it take for the dog to give birth to another?..I'm not sure what kind of dog it is..Or if that even matters..But it's a very small dog who's giving birth to these puppiesHonestly,even my brother thought it was a bad idea for aunts dog to have puppies,but my aunt did NOT listen to what we said..It wasn't our idea at all...My aunt does NOT live with me..So don't blame me please..They left the dog alone hoping it would give birth to the rest of the puppies with out a vet..The vet wasn't something they could afford...And now all the puppies are gone and so is the mom..It's sad..And my little cousins have no idea...

How long can it take a dog to give birth to another one of her puppies in her stomach?..? General Dog Discussions
    • 1) Call a Vet. People shouldn't bee breeding their dogs unless they know what they are doing. 2) Spay the dog after this litter.**Millions of animals are killed everyday because of the pet over-population. Just know that for each puppy that your aun'ts dog has, multiple dogs will be euthanized in shelters because they don't have the money, supplies, or space to care for them.

• the breed doesnt matter at all but the time in between is troubling. does aunt have a vet, he probably should b consulted, do u know how many pups r expected? do u know when the pups were actually due? i think i'd call the vet myself. its 6:30 where i am and i dont think 6 abd a half hours between pups is normal. please keep us informed of her progress.

• sometimes maybe 4 or 6 hours between pups...this is very hard on the mother...be sure the mother has plenty of water and you can take her for a brief walk around the yard about every 2 hoursto aid in her whelping the pups!

• 2 hours between pups is about the max. especially in small dogs.Is she distressed at all, still panting, restless? If you suspect more puppies go to the vets immediately, if there are any still alive inside their chances of survival diminish the longer you wait.You can take to the vet for a post natal check anyway, you should do this regardless of any more puppies or not.Tell your aunt to do a lot more research and keep better contact with her vets, that is what the vets are there for. A phone call to check is very cheap, compared to what can happen to this dog if she has retained puppies. CSection, even death.

• PLEASE DON'T BREED YOUR DOG ANYMORE IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT HAVING A WHELPING DOG!!!!!!!!! Do you realize the risk you put your dog at by not knowing what is normal!?! Did the thought never occur to you to call a vet and not ask people online?! Do you know how many dogs die each week because of people like you who don't know the first thing about whelping dogs? I have assisted with 4 emergency c-sections this week alone because the owners were like you and had no clue what to do for their dogs. Please spay your dog if she survives this!