Besides formula, what else do i need to know about taking care of new puppies?

Precious, my dog died while giving birth to her two puppies yesterday, it all happened so fast there was no time to take her to a vet. There are two puppies a boy and girl, the boy is eating every two to three hours but the girl is only wanting to eat…

Precious, my dog died while giving birth to her two puppies yesterday, it all happened so fast there was no time to take her to a vet. There are two puppies a boy and girl, the boy is eating every two to three hours but the girl is only wanting to eat…...
    General Dog Discussions : Besides formula, what else do i need to know about taking care of new puppies?...

• Besides formula, what else do i need to know about taking care of new puppies?

Besides formula, what else do i need to know about taking care of new puppies? General Dog Discussions
      Precious, my dog died while giving birth to her two puppies yesterday, it all happened so fast there was no time to take her to a vet. There are two puppies a boy and girl, the boy is eating every two to three hours but the girl is only wanting to eat about ev ery six hours. Should I be worried? I think I may have to take her to vet. What do you think?

Besides formula, what else do i need to know about taking care of new puppies? General Dog Discussions
    • YES you need to have both checked by a vet. Should have been there first thing in THIS morning. Your vet can give you all the advice you need. Get off the comp and go NOW

• You should be calling your vet for this information not asking us this, the amount newborn puppies eat depends on size, if they are bigger they can eat more less often as opposed to smaller ones who need little bits more often to pack on the ounces, don't forget to help them pee and poop every couple hours, especially right before and after they eat. Call your vet for all the specifics and some better help. Good luck, newborn puppies are hard work but worth it.

• Yes you should worry as that is not enough food at all for a puppy..This pup will die also if it does'nt get fed at least every 2hrs..You have to keep them on a heating pad on low with a towel placed over it and you have to manipulate the stomach after they eat to help them eliminate..I hope you have Puppy Replacer from the pet store and buy a few cans of puppy food to try and mix to get her to eat..Please make an appt and get your Pups in to the Vet to be checked..If this puppy does'nt start to eat in will be dead tomorrow...ADD...Please be careful when taking advice from someone that states they are a Vet Tech for 19 yrs..Especially when that person is only 19 yrs..old!!!

• The mother dog licks the back end of the puppies regularly to make them poop, you can simulate this by using a warm wash cloth. I think it would be in your best interest to take them to the vet and have them checked out, also she can give you tips and good advice to help your new babies.