My puppy is sick what should i do she doesnt want to do anything?

She is drooling alot she looks sad she dont want to eat or drink or go bathroom. I tryd giving her cold milk so she can poop but she refuses to drink it. I took her a shower cleaned her behind also incase of anything. She is acting strange shes usually…

She is drooling alot she looks sad she dont want to eat or drink or go bathroom. I tryd giving her cold milk so she can poop but she refuses to drink it. I took her a shower cleaned her behind also incase of anything. She is acting strange shes usually…...
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy is sick what should i do she doesnt want to do anything?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My puppy is sick what should i do she doesnt want to do anything?

My puppy is sick what should i do she doesnt want to do anything? General Dog Discussions
      She is drooling alot she looks sad she dont want to eat or drink or go bathroom. I tryd giving her cold milk so she can poop but she refuses to drink it. I took her a shower cleaned her behind also incase of anything. She is acting strange shes usually active shes around 4 to 5 months i think.

My puppy is sick what should i do she doesnt want to do anything? General Dog Discussions
    • Take her to the vet. Puppies SHOULD be energetic and playful, not miserable like this. Maybe wait a day first, see if it gets better. Maybe she's sad because she isn't taking a walk, you can try that. Good luck!

• You need to keep her hydrated. Take a turkey baster or a plastic syringe or plastic eye dropper and gently squeeze water into her mouth every 30 minutes or so. Dehydration is a horrible thing and can happen suddenly. You need to take her to the vet for this. If she isn't pooping. Give her one tablespoon of canned pumpkin. Not the pie filling kind but, real pumpkin without the spices. That will help her poop. It works very well. Milk causes, gas, bloating, diarrhea and worms in a dog.

• If she is drooling a lot she is probably nauseous. What is her history? Where did you get her from? Were her parents vaccinated or has she been vaccinated? I worry about parvo with unvaccinated dogs or moms who are not vaccinated. Most of the time it starts with depression and not eating, losing weight. Then severe vomiting and bloody diarrhea. You can take her temperature rectally with a regular thermometer and some vaseline. But do not reuse it for people. Her normal temperature should be between 100-102.5 F. Anything significantly above or below that is an indication of infection or hypothermia. She should go to the vet right away regardless of her temp though because her signs sound severe. If she does have parvo it can be treated if caught early enough. Hopefully that is not the case though and she has an intestinal virus that can be treated with antibiotics and some antacids. Also check around the house to make sure she did not eat a toy or if something is missing. Foreign bodies can also be a possibility. Worms can cause GI upset too but usually not the severe problems your puppy seems to have. I strongly urge to take to the vet asap. Hope this helps.

• Dogs should not have milk.Your puppy needs a vet as soon as possible. Drooling can be a sign of nausea! Has she had all her vaccines?? Parvo vaccine?? Has she eaten something that isn't food? Has she gotten into anything toxic??Please get this one to the vet asap. It isn't that she doesn't want to do anything. She CAN'T do anything because she is very sick.