Is 2-month puppy still young to take her out walking at the park?

Or will it be fine. Boyfriend and I are planning a picnic at the park, and wanted to bring my family 2-month old puppy out. She will be on a leash at all times.

Or will it be fine. Boyfriend and I are planning a picnic at the park, and wanted to bring my family 2-month old puppy out. She will be on a leash at all times....
    General Dog Discussions : Is 2-month puppy still young to take her out walking at the park?...

• Is 2-month puppy still young to take her out walking at the park?

Is 2-month puppy still young to take her out walking at the park? General Dog Discussions
      Or will it be fine. Boyfriend and I are planning a picnic at the park, and wanted to bring my family 2-month old puppy out. She will be on a leash at all times.

Is 2-month puppy still young to take her out walking at the park? General Dog Discussions
    • NO its NOT ok.A puppy needs all 3 puppy shots before being out in public. Parks are one of the top places that puppies pick up illness.After the pup get his last shot at 16 weeks, then he can go to as many picnics as you want.

• You can take your puppy with you but it is best to act with caution. The general rule is just to keep her away from places that unknown dogs frequent - so dog parks are out, but friends houses with dogs, walks and puppy school is ok. If this park has a lot of dogs in it, it may be best to keep her at home, especially since she has probably had only one shot. I probably wouldn't be so worried if she had had her second lot of shots at 12 weeks. Then again parvo is disease that can be picked up on the ground, on the bottom of your shoes and then brought home to your pup that way. I'm pretty sure it's also airborne, which is why I got annoyed when I got asked to pick my 12 week old pup off the floor of the pet shop "so she wouldn't get sick" gah!The vet will pretty much recommend wrapping your pup in cotton wool and not letting her out of the house until she is 16 weeks and had all her shots, but this only sets a puppy up for behavioural problems as an adult dog. There is a heap of research showing that behaviourally healthy dogs are extensively socialsed until 16 weeks of age and obviously it doesn't stop there, but 16 weeks is the CRITICAL stage of development. Sure, you can try to fix it later, but it will involve intensive training and never will be 100% So I encourage you to use common sense on where you take her, perhaps skip the picnic and take her to a friend's house with dogs/kids after. They recommend taking her in the first 16 weeks all the places you would like her to be able to go as an adult, so they get used to it. Hope this helps