How come puppies are happy before you get them?

I was just watching a video of my puppy from her breeder (we've had her 4 weeks) and she was beyond happy and energetic playing with the other dogs they had there. Since she's come home, she barely plays at all with my other puppy. Why does that happen?

I was just watching a video of my puppy from her breeder (we've had her 4 weeks) and she was beyond happy and energetic playing with the other dogs they had there. Since she's come home, she barely plays at all with my other puppy. Why does that happen?...
    General Dog Discussions : How come puppies are happy before you get them?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How come puppies are happy before you get them?

How come puppies are happy before you get them? General Dog Discussions
      I was just watching a video of my puppy from her breeder (we've had her 4 weeks) and she was beyond happy and energetic playing with the other dogs they had there. Since she's come home, she barely plays at all with my other puppy. Why does that happen?

How come puppies are happy before you get them? General Dog Discussions
    • Coming out of the nest and into a new home is always extremely traumatic for any puppy, and probably the singularly most significant thing that will happen to her. I don't think people who haven't raised a litter of puppy realise quite how much of a shock to their little systems it is. Everything in their short lives have changed, different surrounds, strange people (and she doesn't KNOW that you wanted her) and perhaps most of all, she's missing her siblings, much as having another puppy should have helped.I've seen puppies I've sold quite soon after leaving me, who have lost weight and look much more backward compared to those I've kept to run on, despite my choosing (hopefully!) 'the best'.However, if you've had her for 4 weeks (how old was she when you first got her?), I'd have expected her to have come out of her shell by now really. She may just be a more retiring sort. I assume you've had her to your vet for her initial health check - and for her first vaccination shot and that nothing abnormal was found? If you are seriously concerned, speak to your vet - or her breeder for that matter!

• She/he was used to being around her brothers and sisters and your dog is really new to it and so are you give her time and try to spend as much time as you can.I went out and rescued a beagle boxer mix named Bo he ran from any one and everything we gave him 1 month and he followed us around everywhere shell warm up in a little while give her time. Good Luck!!

• hi alexis,you have your puppy only four weeks,before that she was with her mom and litter mates and it was all she knew.now she is in a new home without her mom and litter mates so everything is new to her.it will take a little bit of time for your puppy to get use to her new surroundings.just keep reassuring her and play with her and your other puppy together.it is early days so try not to worry.your puppy will play and do all the things puppies usually do like nibbling all the things they are not meant to lol,but that's what puppies do.just give her time to adjust to her new environment and she will be fine.enjoy your puppies and don't worry.