Dehydrated dog that wont drink. Whats the best way to treat him?

My 10 week old puppy was just at the vet, and he is dehydrated. But he refuses to drink any water. What is the best day to hydrate him, or encourage him to drink?

My 10 week old puppy was just at the vet, and he is dehydrated. But he refuses to drink any water. What is the best day to hydrate him, or encourage him to drink?...
    General Dog Discussions : Dehydrated dog that wont drink. Whats the best way to treat him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dehydrated dog that wont drink. Whats the best way to treat him?

Dehydrated dog that wont drink. Whats the best way to treat him? General Dog Discussions
      My 10 week old puppy was just at the vet, and he is dehydrated. But he refuses to drink any water. What is the best day to hydrate him, or encourage him to drink?

Dehydrated dog that wont drink. Whats the best way to treat him? General Dog Discussions
    • Try sprinkling in a little powdered sugar in his water. Your vet should have given you something along those lines as soon as he realized the dog was dehydrated.

• I've given my dogs Pedialite. You get it at the baby isle in the grocery store. Not much, just a little bit. It's got electrolytes in it. Do Not give him gatoraid. Keep water available to him. If he has not started drinking by tomorrow....get him back to the vet.

• This is going to sound strange, but if you got your puppy at a pet store he may only know how to drink out of one of those water bottles with the little roller ball the animal licks for water (like you would use for a hamster but bigger). Before I knew about puppy mills and why not to buy from a pet store I bought a puppy from one and literally had to teach her how to drink from a bowl. Just a thought that may help....